GEN 2 Geiser's & Deavers +3HD or....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It started 40 year ago with dirt bikes, go-carts, MX bicycles and skateboards.

Now at 50 I’m still modifying everything I purchase. You’d think I’d learn to stop ******** with things!?
My wife says I have AAD (Accessory Acquisition Disorder). I’m sure many of you can relate.

All very sound advice guys... thanks!
The combination of the CAS collars and the Geiser’s Coils isn’t for me and it has suspension geometry all out of wack.

I’m removing the collars later this week. I’ll report back.

Until then enjoy your Raptors in good health and make the most of your day!
-Dave

I would have thought the collars would allow you enough adjustment to be happy. I apologize if I steered you in the wrong direction!

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much stiffer are the +3HD than the +3 Deavers for daily driving? I don't normally keep anything in the bed but do have a Retrax bed cover which weights ~100lbs. I'd also probably get the 3.0 Fox Rear shocks as I already have them on the front.....

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much stiffer are the +3HD than the +3 Deavers for daily driving? I don't normally keep anything in the bed but do have a Retrax bed cover which weights ~100lbs. I'd also probably get the 3.0 Fox Rear shocks as I already have them on the front.....

I rode in another truck with Deaver +3HDs that the shop was building before I bought mine. I only went for a 15 minute ride, but they were noticeably stiffer with nothing in the bed and no cover. I have the BakFlip F1 which weighs about 80 lbs and I think mine rides a lot better than the short run I had with the empty-truck HDs.

Intense1

Reaction score
Based on the way I read the estimated lift increases for the Geiser Coil Springs, the website says they provide 2.5" or 3" Lift Height above stock depending upon which ones you get.

Then,

According to Deaver website, they provide for the following:
  • +2 eliminates OEM bump strike pad/block and is equal to standard ride height
  • +3 eliminates OEM bump strike pad/block and is equal to one inch lift over standard ride height
  • +4 eliminates OEM bump strike pad/block and is equal to two inch lift over standard ride height
So, taking into account the factory rake, if I install the 3" Geisers in front with the +4 Deavers in the rear, wouldn't I end up with an even lift once things settler?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I rode in another truck with Deaver +3HDs that the shop was building before I bought mine. I only went for a 15 minute ride, but they were noticeably stiffer with nothing in the bed and no cover. I have the BakFlip F1 which weighs about 80 lbs and I think mine rides a lot better than the short run I had with the empty-truck HDs.
But they all settle, & at least for MOST people that DD a truck, the reason you have one in the first place is to tow & haul w/ it- which means having thing in the bed or on the hitch. I’ve debated this many times & dont tow THAT much (4-6k lb depending on waverunners or utility trailer) but also have a tri-fold tonneau, an 80 lb rigid toolbox, cargo bar, builtright bed racks, 2 sons, 2 Dobies, & a wife & all their random sh*t that they come w/

So for me….I NEVER want to sacrifice overall utility or ride nose high, can’t stand it, I decided going w/ +3HDs was better safe than sorry, I’d be PISSED if, after 10k miles or so, the standard deavers softened up & I wound up level & then nose high any time I towed or had any weight in the bed

I don’t even have em installed yet, just my $.02

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my truck with 3" geisers and +3 Deavers (non-HD).
Squatting hard due to 20k rounds of mixed caliber ammo, a dozen rifles/handguns and assorted accessories/armor, my mountain bike and the backseat packed to the headrests with clothes.
I opted on not towing my 18' fiberglass center console boat in addition to this load, lights were already illuminating the space station as it was.

Normal loads I love the ride of the SD deavers, having been mentally/physially scarred by my previous super duties.

AC834FAF-29D0-40A3-AE8F-72AF747DC575_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited: