GEN 2 Geiser's & Deavers +3HD or....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All that said, I would still love to have another two inches of lift to get a certain look. Am I going to start breaking things, or wearing them out much sooner, if I add Geiser's two inch leveling kit to the front and two inch lift blocks to the rear? Can the changes that I am suggesting be done? Per my understanding, the ride should remain about the same except for the ill effects of raising the center of gravity, but I'm not sure if the other components, especially those on the front, can hold up with another two inches of lift added. Thoughts?

As was mentioned in the other thread, stacking lift options on the front of our trucks is not recommended. You will push the shocks out of their operating range. Others have done traditional lifts on Raptors, but they are less common and used mostly for show trucks. There is a member of this forum who has a 4" Fabtech lift on his Raptor show truck, but he spent a ton of money on LOTS of options. (Gold trim, carbon fiber steering wheel, etc.)

Here is a picture of Brad's Raptor next to a stock one:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=ZzNFY0U1QWI5alZiWkY1czVMdVdkREZDWDBtYzV3

Your best bet to give yourself more clearance after Geisers and Deaver +3s is new fenders and bedsides.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Apex Ace

Apex Ace

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The service and quality of product I received from SVC OFF-ROAD was top-shelf! Ordering on-line was easy. They followed up with a phone call to ask me a few questions. I did their Stage 1 Kit with the larger Fox bump-stops. I choose the Geisers +3HD rear springs to accommodate towing a trailer.

I went back and forth wether or not to do Geiser front coil springs and the CAS collars. I went ahead and installed the Geiser coils along with the collars.

My impressions after driving putting 100 miles on the truck today. The rear is perfect! The extra 1” in height and the ride quality and feel is as advertised.... nearly a stock feel.

The front is a different story.... with the collars adjusted all the way down the front of the truck is 3/4” taller than the rear. Doesn’t look all that bad, but I wanted level or even a slight forward rake. But my biggest disappointment is the ride quality up front. The front end is significantly stiffer than the stock configuration. Perhaps the collars are preloading the new coil springs too much. Or perhaps the progressive spring rate of the Geisers isn’t a good match for the stock Fox shock? Not sure..... but it’s not to my liking.

I’ll drive it for another couple hundred miles to see if it loosens up. If not, I’ll go with Plan B...... Fox 3.0 fully adjustable Racing Shocks.

Thoughts? F14E167D-A464-4331-97E6-6103A7CD052D.jpeg11F9FC9A-8DB7-4D64-BB55-6016FA68C746.jpeg

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious you just changed out the front factory spring without any collars or spacers and it's that much higher??

OP
OP
Apex Ace

Apex Ace

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has the SVC Off-road CAS adjustable collars and Geiser springs. This combination of the two made for 3 1/2” taller than stock in the front. If the ride was less rigid.... perhaps the looks would grow on me.

Jsousa03

Reaction score
The service and quality of product I received from SVC OFF-ROAD was top-shelf! Ordering on-line was easy. They followed up with a phone call to ask me a few questions. I did their Stage 1 Kit with the larger Fox bump-stops. I choose the Geisers +3HD rear springs to accommodate towing a trailer.

I went back and forth wether or not to do Geiser front coil springs and the CAS collars. I went ahead and installed the Geiser coils along with the collars.

My impressions after driving putting 100 miles on the truck today. The rear is perfect! The extra 1” in height and the ride quality and feel is as advertised.... nearly a stock feel.

The front is a different story.... with the collars adjusted all the way down the front of the truck is 3/4” taller than the rear. Doesn’t look all that bad, but I wanted level or even a slight forward rake. But my biggest disappointment is the ride quality up front. The front end is significantly stiffer than the stock configuration. Perhaps the collars are preloading the new coil springs too much. Or perhaps the progressive spring rate of the Geisers isn’t a good match for the stock Fox shock? Not sure..... but it’s not to my liking.

I’ll drive it for another couple hundred miles to see if it loosens up. If not, I’ll go with Plan B...... Fox 3.0 fully adjustable Racing Shocks.

Thoughts? View attachment 113606View attachment 113607

I went throught the exact same thing. I think that the perch collars or coils really take away from the stock plushness of the front shocks. They are really designed to run how they come stock and when you change the ride zones with the perch you lose the quality ride. I was able to tolerate it for a while but eventually went with the whole new coil-over option and couldn't be happier. A huge plus is also being able to run the ride a little softer when daily driving and then being able to stiffen things up when going off-road. The guys at SVC are great to work with and helped me solve my ride issues. Good luck with your decision!

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It has the SVC Off-road CAS adjustable collars and Geiser springs. This combination of the two made for 3 1/2” taller than stock in the front. If the ride was less rigid.... perhaps the looks would grow on me.

I think you have pushed the shocks and steering components too far out of their operating range. I only have Geisers and my front went up 2.5" over the factory height. The front is 3/4" lower than the Deaver +3s in the rear, which avoids the uphill look. My ride is just "slightly" stiffer up front and the truck feels much more planted over bumps and around turns. It is no where near being "rigid" like the old lift kits from the 90s. I have taken several long trips with my better-half and she fully approves of the ride quality, which is saying a lot coming from someone who disliked most of my suspension choices in the past... :D

EDIT: As an FYI, the Deaver +3 HDs are also stiffer than the Deaver +3s for every day driving, which is why I did NOT do them on mine. I will add the Roadmaster Active Suspension on top of my springs for the few times I want to tow, which will give me the best of both worlds.

https://activesuspension.com/products/kits/2010-2016-ford-raptor/

I am surprised SVC did not tell you to try it without the collars, as their are many forum members who have also commented on the excellent ride quality of standalone Geisers. Before spending your money on a whole new front suspension, remove their collars so you can see if you like it. If you do not, then you can toss down the big coin!! :cool:

Last edited:

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I mentioned previously, I would have skipped the perch collars altogether. I think you have pushed the shocks and steering components too far out of their operating range. I only have Geisers and my front went up 2.5" over the factory height. The front is 3/4" lower than the Deaver +3s in the rear, which avoids the uphill look. My ride is just "slightly" stiffer up front and the truck feels much more planted over bumps and around turns. It is no where near being "rigid" like the old lift kits from the 90s. I have taken several long trips with my better-half and she fully approves of the ride quality, which is saying a lot coming from someone who disliked most of my suspension choices in the past... :D

I am surprised SVC did not tell you to try it without the collars, as their are many forum members who have also commented on the excellent ride quality of standalone Geisers. Before spending your money on a whole new front suspension, ask SVC to remove their collars so you can see if you like it. If you do not, then you can toss down the big coin!! :cool:

I 100% agree with the recommendation above. I was extremely concerned about my truck having a stiffer ride when I went to the Geiser springs and Deaver +3s. You can safely trust the posts and recommendations for this setup. The truck will definitely have less body roll, but the on-road ride quality will be basically the same otherwise. While I think the ride is slightly better for on-road use, I would not personally recommend doing it for that reason alone unless you are looking to raise the front by 2.5 inches. If that is your objective, then this setup is perfect.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What option did you go with?

Man you gotta take those collars off, you topped out your stock struts, it's no wonder it doesn't drive good.

I have the Geisers up front with the Deaver +3s in the back and love how my truck rides and handles..... I also take it offroading often and it is the perfect balance IMO

OP
OP
Apex Ace

Apex Ace

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It started 40 year ago with dirt bikes, go-carts, MX bicycles and skateboards.

Now at 50 I’m still modifying everything I purchase. You’d think I’d learn to stop ******** with things!?
My wife says I have AAD (Accessory Acquisition Disorder). I’m sure many of you can relate.

All very sound advice guys... thanks!
The combination of the CAS collars and the Geiser’s Coils isn’t for me and it has suspension geometry all out of wack.

I’m removing the collars later this week. I’ll report back.

Until then enjoy your Raptors in good health and make the most of your day!
-Dave