GEN 2 Geiser's & Deavers +3HD or....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Intense1

Reaction score
So, I just installed 3" Geisers in front with the +4 HD Deavers in the rear along with the RPG Bump Stop Kit and here is where I came out. First note I have the stock K02's installed. Measurements were taken from the ground to the lower lip of the fender flare at each wheel centerline.Lift Truck.jpg

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I just installed 3" Geisers in front with the +4 HD Deavers in the rear along with the RPG Bump Stop Kit and here is where I came out. First note I have the stock K02's installed. Measurements were taken from the ground to the lower lip of the fender flare at each wheel centerline.View attachment 392846
What year is your truck and what mileage? The stock ride heights seem kinda low, but looks great after. How do you like the ride?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I just installed 3" Geisers in front with the +4 HD Deavers in the rear along with the RPG Bump Stop Kit and here is where I came out. First note I have the stock K02's installed. Measurements were taken from the ground to the lower lip of the fender flare at each wheel centerline.View attachment 392846

Damn now this makes me think +4HD is the way to go vs +3HD, you’re only 1/4” lower in front than back!?! So w/ the +3hd would be level or nose high??

I plan on revamping my suspension @ 60k miles- rebuild the factory live valves + add geiser springs front & +3HD or maybe +4HD deavers in rear. I tow 4-6k lbs occasionally but keep couple hundred lbs of stuff in bed including tonneau/toolbox etc + usually have stuff in cab.

Ideally I want similar ride to stock but gain 2” ride height & maintain 3/4” rake….like factory stance basically but 2” higher

Sidetrack

Reaction score
Damn now this makes me think +4HD is the way to go vs +3HD, you’re only 1/4” lower in front than back!?! So w/ the +3hd would be level or nose high??

I plan on revamping my suspension @ 60k miles- rebuild the factory live valves + add geiser springs front & +3HD or maybe +4HD deavers in rear. I tow 4-6k lbs occasionally but keep couple hundred lbs of stuff in bed including tonneau/toolbox etc + usually have stuff in cab.

Ideally I want similar ride to stock but gain 2” ride height & maintain 3/4” rake….like factory stance basically but 2” higher

On my 18', I did some lightly used 3" Geisers w/ Deaver +3HDs, and the truck was perfectly level. I wanted the 3/4" of rake and wish I had gotten ahold of the Geiser +2.5" springs instead. I never did get a good picture before/after, unfortunately. I might be able to take one and post it in the next week or so. The Deaver +3HDs were noticably stiff with a dry bed, but felt great with the 415lb sled in the back. I justified the HDs due to hauling a sled for weekend turn and burns to the mountain, along with weekend DIY schnanigans. Even with the infrequent hauling, I went with the HDs since I assumed they would settle less than the standard option (especially considering that the Geiser +3" springs already settled some before I bought them). With the Geiser +3s up front, i didn't want to run the risk of looking nose-high, and wound up being perfectly level after the install. I forget the measurement, but all 4 fenders were within a 1/8" of each other measured from the ground.

For the 2020, i have the geiser 2.5" springs on hand, and will go with Deaver +3 standard for the rear. I'll take pictures this time. Should be finished in 2-3 weeks when the LV rebuilds also come in. The asphalt driveway is getting replaced with some legitimate concrete over the next week and a half. The flakes of asphalt after anything heavy is put on it, is so dang frustrating. Can't even run the truck up on a jack without the asphalt popping off underneath like fireworks on the 4th of July.

All that being said, if you want some rake and opt to go with the Geiser +3"s up front, you'll definitly want to look at the Deaver +4 or +4HDs. Pairing the Geiser +2.5"s with the Deaver +3 or +3HDs will also yield a similar stance. Pairing the Geiser +2.5" with a Deaver +4 and a drop shackle could give you the ability to maintain the perfect rake even after everything settles over time?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On my 18', I did some lightly used 3" Geisers w/ Deaver +3HDs, and the truck was perfectly level. I wanted the 3/4" of rake and wish I had gotten ahold of the Geiser +2.5" springs instead. I never did get a good picture before/after, unfortunately. I might be able to take one and post it in the next week or so. The Deaver +3HDs were noticably stiff with a dry bed, but felt great with the 415lb sled in the back. I justified the HDs due to hauling a sled for weekend turn and burns to the mountain, along with weekend DIY schnanigans. Even with the infrequent hauling, I went with the HDs since I assumed they would settle less than the standard option (especially considering that the Geiser +3" springs already settled some before I bought them). With the Geiser +3s up front, i didn't want to run the risk of looking nose-high, and wound up being perfectly level after the install. I forget the measurement, but all 4 fenders were within a 1/8" of each other measured from the ground.

For the 2020, i have the geiser 2.5" springs on hand, and will go with Deaver +3 standard for the rear. I'll take pictures this time. Should be finished in 2-3 weeks when the LV rebuilds also come in. The asphalt driveway is getting replaced with some legitimate concrete over the next week and a half. The flakes of asphalt after anything heavy is put on it, is so dang frustrating. Can't even run the truck up on a jack without the asphalt popping off underneath like fireworks on the 4th of July.

All that being said, if you want some rake and opt to go with the Geiser +3"s up front, you'll definitly want to look at the Deaver +4 or +4HDs. Pairing the Geiser +2.5"s with the Deaver +3 or +3HDs will also yield a similar stance. Pairing the Geiser +2.5" with a Deaver +4 and a drop shackle could give you the ability to maintain the perfect rake even after everything settles over time?

Thanks this info is very helpful looking forward to seeing how it turns out. As you stated- what I’m going for is maintaining the same degree of factory rake, but w/ 1.5-2” higher ride height & leaf springs in the back that won’t settle so much over time and/or sag so much w/ a decent load that I’m running nose high. Whatever combo makes that happen I’m running w/ & it seems like 2.5” Geisers w/ +3HD deavers is the way to go- I don’t mind a lil stiffer ride if it’ll ensure I don’t have saggy ass syndrome- I can’t stand the look & I hate knowing while it’s going on it’s also taxing the suspension big time

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

JO90

Reaction score
After 60k miles on my stock suspension, I just installed a new set of OEM shocks, Geiser 3” coils and Deaver +3HDs. The difference in ride quality is significantly better! I thought it would ride much stiffer from what I was reading, but it’s so smooth over small bumps and dips.

I haven’t put any weight in the bed yet so I’m curious to see how it feels once it’s loaded up. Planning to put on a GFC topper next.IMG_5725.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5711.jpeg
    IMG_5711.jpeg
    256.1 KB · Views: 5

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After 60k miles on my stock suspension, I just installed a new set of OEM shocks, Geiser 3” coils and Deaver +3HDs. The difference in ride quality is significantly better! I thought it would ride much stiffer from what I was reading, but it’s so smooth over small bumps and dips.

I haven’t put any weight in the bed yet so I’m curious to see how it feels once it’s loaded up. Planning to put on a GFC topper next.View attachment 450981
Confused again here thought on my ‘20 doing the geiser 2.5” springs & deaver +3HDs would be the way to go to gain a little height while maintaining the rake then this pic throws me off b/c you’re running the 3” geisers w/ +3HDs & it looks like you still have some rake back to front.