GEN 2 Geiser's & Deavers +3HD or....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apex Ace

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased the SVC Stage 1 Kit with Deaver +3HD rear springs. Their kit comes with their adjustable collars for the front. I also have a set of the Geiser Springs in a box.

SVC collars give you adjustability and pre-load the factory coil springs.
Geiser's give you 2"+ of lift and a progressive front coil spring.

I want the best ride possible and I want the truck to sit level.

What would you do?

-Dave

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Install them both. The springs will give you most of the lift, but the collars will still allow you to adjust height.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Didn't think of that as an option. Thanks for the reply!

No problem, I think it will work out for the best, as you specified you still want to be level. +3 HD deavers and geisers will still leave you with a small amount of rake, and the collars should help that.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Geisers and Deaver +3s (no collars) and I have 3/4" of rake front to back. I think the stance is perfect and allows me to carry items in the back without the stink bug look. Plus, a truly level truck always has times when it does not look level, based on where you are parked, etc.

I would put the Geisers on first and only add the SVC collars after you have seen it for yourself and you decide you *really* want to add another 3/4" of lift to the front. I bet you will decide not to do it...

See the pictures in my build thread linked in my signature to see what it looks like with 37s. :cool:

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Geisers and Deaver +3s (no collars) and I have 3/4" of rake front to back. I think the stance is perfect and allows me to carry items in the back without the stink bug look. Plus, a truly level truck always has times when it does not look level, based on where you are parked, etc.

I would put the Geisers on first and only add the SVC collars after you have seen it for yourself and you decide you *really* want to add another 3/4" of lift to the front. I bet you will decide not to do it...

See the pictures in my build thread linked in my signature to see what it looks like with 37s. :cool:

Its all personal taste. He specifically said he wants to be level, and the devers and geisers is not level.

I went from 1.5 level to 2.25 level and couldn't be happier. it had rake before, and it doesn't now, so to me, that 3/4" made a big difference.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its all personal taste. He specifically said he wants to be level, and the devers and geisers is not level.

I went from 1.5 level to 2.25 level and couldn't be happier. it had rake before, and it doesn't now, so to me, that 3/4" made a big difference.

You might be right! At least he has options...

Here is the best picture of mine which shows the slight rake without collars. With about 200 lbs in the bed, it sits level. Any more and it starts to squat... :(

His HDs will help with squatting at heavier loads.

Raptor 2018 R2.jpg

OP
OP
Apex Ace

Apex Ace

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys!

A little rake wouldn't bother me. I tow a 7500lb race car trailer 5-6 times a year. About 700lbs tongue weight that's why I went with the HD springs and adjustable bump-stops.

I can deal with "stink bug" stance only when towing, otherwise it would bother me.

Your trucks look great guys!

I'll post pictures and give an assessment later in the week.

Thanks again and make the most of your week!

-Dave

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my Geiser and Deaver+3 springs. I was very worried about the ride becoming too sfiff, but that definitely is not an issue. The truck definitely does not have as much body roll and the ride might be a tad stiffer on-road, but nothing noticeable. As for ride improvements, I can't speak for off-road use because I have not had a chance to give that a shot, but I don't see the huge improvements that everybody else has talked about for on-road...... maybe 20% better? That said, I am very pleased that I will now be able to fit 37" tires on the truck which was my main reason for doing the upgrade. If anybody else really wants 37s and is tight on money, I would suggest just doing the Geiser springs in the front and staying stock in the rear. I don't think you would be too unhappy with that setup and could add the Deaver springs later. I gained 2.5 inches up front and one inch in the rear. Hopefully I do not experience too much sag with either set of springs as they settle.

All that said, I would still love to have another two inches of lift to get a certain look. Am I going to start breaking things, or wearing them out much sooner, if I add Geiser's two inch leveling kit to the front and two inch lift blocks to the rear? Can the changes that I am suggesting be done? Per my understanding, the ride should remain about the same except for the ill effects of raising the center of gravity, but I'm not sure if the other components, especially those on the front, can hold up with another two inches of lift added. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Jsousa03

Reaction score
Go with the aftermarket Fox Race Shocks and get all he adjustability you want and maintain great ride quality... and yes I know this isn't the least expensive option.