Geiser vs Eibach vs Collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is also a mechanical advantage of the LCA on the spring.
You need to know if the shock at ride height is shorter than the preload length.

You would be correct if we we trying to compute the the wheel rates, in my model we are talking about whats happening right at the shock...

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would be correct if we we trying to compute the the wheel rates, in my model we are talking about whats happening right at the shock...
My guess is the weight is 60/40 on Raptors.
At 5500 lbs, that's 1650 lbs at the each front wheel.
The shock/spring leverage on the LCA is close to 3:1, so that's 4750 lbs at the shock.
That's past the preload, so it will have not effect.
If we assume the weight transfer by raising the front is so small that it can be ignored, than the compressed length of the spring is the same over this range of ride heights because the weight is the same.
By raising the spring perch on the shock, you are lengthening the shock at that spring length.
There is no change in the effective spring rate.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
y guess is the weight is 60/40 on Raptors.
At 5500 lbs, that's 1650 lbs at the each front wheel.
The shock/spring leverage on the LCA is close to 3:1, so that's 4750 lbs at the shock.
That's past the preload, so it will have not effect.
If we assume the weight transfer by raising the front is so small that it can be ignored, than the compressed length of the spring is the same over this range of ride heights because the weight is the same.
By raising the spring perch on the shock, you are lengthening the shock at that spring length.
There is no change in the effective spring rate.

This is cool....I'm treating this as if we are sitting around the camp fire, knocking back a couple of ice cold beers and just talking theory for fun...
Weighed my truck fully loaded, full fuel load, and all my running gear (2 spares, jack, 10 lb CO2 tank, and tools in the cab) and 1500 lbs per rear tire on the money, and 1700 lb per front...So...as we are BS'ing around the fire I may be missing something in my math (I never claimed to know everything) but when you start preloading coilovers however it occurs the ride gets stiffer...
:)

joey185

Reaction score
Old thread I know, but my rpg 2.25 after 10000 miles has sagged my stock springs about an inch. Noticed lately the I’m sitting raked again. Rear end is stock. Just talked to shop this morning. Going with Geisers up front and +3 deavers and a sdhq drop shackle. Really hoping for a level or very slight higher in front stance.

htsai14752

Reaction score
I had geiser and icon and thought it rode a bit stiff up front. I changed it out to eibach front springs and now rides a little stiffer than stock and feels great. I do more overlanding, rock crawling, light desert runs. Nothing like baja racing and the eibachs have held up great. Truck has a perfect stance.

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between the Geiser & Eibachs which one raises the truck less upfront after settling? Some of the other threads on the Eibachs said that they gave the front too much rake and a set of Deavers were a must.

htsai14752

Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry. You're only lifting the front. I'm pretty much level but I have the eibachs front and icon rear leaf. If you only want to raise the front the collars at 1.5 is probably best.

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry. You're only lifting the front. I'm pretty much level but I have the eibachs front and icon rear leaf. If you only want to raise the front the collars at 1.5 is probably best.

I looked at the collars but not a fan as they compress the factory springs an since they are progressive ride at a firmer rate than without. I know both the Eibachs and Geisers ride better because of that. I was just curious of the two which one raised the front end more.