Geiser vs Eibach vs Collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had RPG adjustable collars set at 2.25” for about 5,000 miles. When I first got them my wife said she thought the truck felt a bit stiffer than stock. However, I also put the collars on to accommodate 35” Ridge Grapplers sitting on 20” Venomrex VR-601s so it wasn’t a true comparison.

The shop that installed them for me is a well known custom shop that does all of the Ford dealership’s mods on the new trucks they sell. They told me that with the amount of travel our stock springs have that they will not affect them one bit.

The instructors at Raptor Assault told me the same thing. I also asked them what they about the Eibachs and they said they heard from several guys that do a lot of off roading that the Eibach’***** together at times. Apparently because the coils are closer together than the stock springs. But I think they may be talking about the first Eibach springs released. I understand that now they changed them.

OP
OP
Leftsidej

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had RPG adjustable collars set at 2.25” for about 5,000 miles. When I first got them my wife said she thought the truck felt a bit stiffer than stock. However, I also put the collars on to accommodate 35” Ridge Grapplers sitting on 20” Venomrex VR-601s so it wasn’t a true comparison.

The shop that installed them for me is a well known custom shop that does all of the Ford dealership’s mods on the new trucks they sell. They told me that with the amount of travel our stock springs have that they will not affect them one bit.

The instructors at Raptor Assault told me the same thing. I also asked them what they about the Eibachs and they said they heard from several guys that do a lot of off roading that the Eibach’***** together at times. Apparently because the coils are closer together than the stock springs. But I think they may be talking about the first Eibach springs released. I understand that now they changed them.

Thanks for the information! Yeah I was very curious about the eibachs because of the price which is even less than perch collars. obviously geisers are a tad bit more.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Early on the Perch collars were a big seller for us and they still do move often but the Eibach Springs do seem to becoming more and more popular.

Contact us for either one for more info and pricing.

OP
OP
Leftsidej

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Early on the Perch collars were a big seller for us and they still do move often but the Eibach Springs do seem to becoming more and more popular.

Contact us for either one for more info and pricing.

I'm assuming installation for either collars or springs is around the same process in terms of how much it's gonna cost to have them installed?

Will Do!

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm assuming installation for either collars or springs is around the same process in terms of how much it's gonna cost to have them installed?

Will Do!

It is probably fairly close in cost of install although the Springs will be a little more time. Neither one is all that difficult are time intensive for install.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"The spring rate stock is 533 lbs/inch

the spring rate stock with collars is 533 lbs/inch, with a 1.5" difference in static location

If you place 533 lbs on a stock truck and a truck with collars, the front will drop an inch on both

Where exactly is this "much more stiff ride" coming from?"

Lets do this by the numbers...So our 533 inch/lb spring will take 533 lbs to compress the first inch, and will take 1066 lbs to compress the second inch, and so on with a linear coil spring.

Lets take two of the same coilover shocks, both with our 533 in/lb springs. We have to collapse (preload) the springs 2 inches to mount them on the coilover. Now lets put them on a spring checker (measures lbs and travel) it should take about 1600 lbs to compress both of those 1" from fully extended. OK..lets preload one of those springs 1"...the shocks are still fully extended...but throw both back on our spring checker and the preloaded shock will take about 2133 lbs to compress 1", while the other is still about 1600 lbs...

So yes the actual spring rate hasn't changed, but the effective rate has..and to the other question, yes you could need to re-valve if you really crank in the preload...

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now lets throw in that our springs are progressive.
Springs are better than Collars.

If the springs coil binds before the end of your travel, than they are designed poorly, should not happen.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets do this by the numbers...So our 533 inch/lb spring will take 533 lbs to compress the first inch, and will take 1066 lbs to compress the second inch, and so on with a linear coil spring.

Lets take two of the same coilover shocks, both with our 533 in/lb springs. We have to collapse (preload) the springs 2 inches to mount them on the coilover. Now lets put them on a spring checker (measures lbs and travel) it should take about 1600 lbs to compress both of those 1" from fully extended. OK..lets preload one of those springs 1"...the shocks are still fully extended...but throw both back on our spring checker and the preloaded shock will take about 2133 lbs to compress 1", while the other is still about 1600 lbs...

So yes the actual spring rate hasn't changed, but the effective rate has..and to the other question, yes you could need to re-valve if you really crank in the preload...

Interesting analysis, but not complete.
It would be correct if the truck had no mass.
There is also a mechanical advantage of the LCA on the spring.
You need to know if the shock at ride height is shorter than the preload length.

Daniel044

Reaction score
I was about to install RPG collars until I found this thread, now im stuck between collars and eibach. Decisions decisions