Geiser Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just coming back from getting Geiser, Deaver, and bump stop install done and feeling/hearing knock from front of truck while going over speed bumps. It feels like it happens on back side of speed bump on the rebound side vs compression side. Anyone have this on their Geiser springs?

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just coming back from getting Geiser, Deaver, and bump stop install done and feeling/hearing knock from front of truck while going over speed bumps. It feels like it happens on back side of speed bump on the rebound side vs compression side. Anyone have this on their Geiser springs?

Make sure your lower A arm bolts are torqued to the right specs. I think 400 ft/lb’s? I had to get mine torqued again because they had loosened up and bit and I was getting clunking from my front suspension after the Giesers as well

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mine does exact same thing. Hate it. Reminds me of a brodozer.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still running with them? Is there a fix?

yes, still running them. that is my only complaint besides being a little stiffer than OEM springs. I need them with 37s. They are far better than the collars I had on briefly before the Geisers. next step would be upgraded shocks at around $5-6K per axle.

If you find a solution let us know. I had mine installed by a Ford dealer. So I am pretty confident that my LCA bolts were torqued properly. (famous last words, I know.)

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, still running them. that is my only complaint besides being a little stiffer than OEM springs. I need them with 37s. They are far better than the collars I had on briefly before the Geisers. next step would be upgraded shocks at around $5-6K per axle.

If you find a solution let us know. I had mine installed by a Ford dealer. So I am pretty confident that my LCA bolts were torqued properly. (famous last words, I know.)

I had mine done by reputable shop that works on Raptors day after day so pretty sure it’s torqued right. You mentioned reolacing shocks, are you thinking it’s caused by maxed out shock extension? Or some people replace UCA?

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine done by reputable shop that works on Raptors day after day so pretty sure it’s torqued right. You mentioned reolacing shocks, are you thinking it’s caused by maxed out shock extension? Or some people replace UCA?

I don't know enough to intelligently comment on what exactly causes the thunk. Maxed out shock extension could be a cause. Or perhaps it is just the increased spring rate. I have more ride height, so it stands to reason that the spring is preloading the suspension with greater force.

I just meant the more ideal way to get the height I needed would've been a set of fully adjustable Fax Factory Racing coilovers or Kings, etc. The Deavers are great, but it's a $500 solution compared to a $5,000 solution if you know what I mean.

FYI, I did replace my UCAs. I am running the ICON billet Delta joint UCAs.

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know enough to intelligently comment on what exactly causes the thunk. Maxed out shock extension could be a cause. Or perhaps it is just the increased spring rate. I have more ride height, so it stands to reason that the spring is preloading the suspension with greater force.

I just meant the more ideal way to get the height I needed would've been a set of fully adjustable Fax Factory Racing coilovers or Kings, etc. The Deavers are great, but it's a $500 solution compared to a $5,000 solution if you know what I mean.

FYI, I did replace my UCAs. I am running the ICON billet Delta joint UCAs.
When you say deavers are a great 500$ solution what do you mean? I thought deavers were rear springs and were 1k plus?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir