Geiser Progressive Spring Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone with geisers installed on a gen 1 tell me the correct orientation of the spring? Is the skinnier coil supposed to be at top or bottom? Is the stamp writing upside down once installed?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone with geisers installed on a gen 1 tell me the correct orientation of the spring? Is the skinnier coil supposed to be at top or bottom? Is the stamp writing upside down once installed?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

skinny part at bottom. yet the words are upside down. threw me for a loop for a min as well

SCSVT

Reaction score
I seem to remember reading somewhere that a few guys with Geisers on low perch, ended up with blown shocks. I cant seem to find that reference now, but is that an issue that anyone has heard of? Might make sense with a taller spring but not sure.

I don't want to end up buying new shocks and blowing them right away, but would really rather stay low perch for the cushy ride... and maybe factory height deavers.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember reading somewhere that a few guys with Geisers on low perch, ended up with blown shocks. I cant seem to find that reference now, but is that an issue that anyone has heard of? Might make sense with a taller spring but not sure.

I don't want to end up buying new shocks and blowing them right away, but would really rather stay low perch for the cushy ride... and maybe factory height deavers.
If this is true, it’s news to me. Most places like TSW and forge off-road offer geiser’s WITH a rebuilt shock package . So it would be odd for them to offer the springs while having your shocks rebuilt. In the spring when it warms up, I’m planning on sending mine in to be rebuilt and getting geiser’s on mid perch so…..

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I had my shock hat pull apart. One stud of three left holding it together. I was on bottom perch with them. They were brand new shock hats, so it could have been defective, probably no way to tell though. To be fair the tires had been off the ground quite a bit prior to letting go. The shock over extended to the point that it damaged my icon control arm. Had to get a new one. Shock was fine, ran with it on mid perch afterwards for quite a while afterwards until I got kings.

There are pictures floating around on here.

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a similar setup?

Intentions:
Rebuilt OEM shocks with flutter stack and Forged Offroad Stage 1 upgrade
Geiser front springs on mid perch
Deaver +1 (over stock) with extended shackles (to bring it back down to stock)
Rebuilt OEM shocks with flutter stack

The idea is that I get a truck that is leveled in height (I don't like the rake so I want to lift the front to match the stock rear) and also road compliant and comfortable. The truck will be used for light off-road stuff so I figured the Forged Offroad Stage 1 upgrade will be greatly for the washboard roads and etc.

I am not going the Fox 3.0 route as I think I would never use the suspension for it's intentions. It'd be a shame to drop that much money just to be a street bike hauler to the track and date nights. Plus the clicking noise on the IBP would annoy the crap out of me.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a similar setup?

Intentions:
Rebuilt OEM shocks with flutter stack and Forged Offroad Stage 1 upgrade
Geiser front springs on mid perch
Deaver +1 (over stock) with extended shackles (to bring it back down to stock)
Rebuilt OEM shocks with flutter stack

The idea is that I get a truck that is leveled in height (I don't like the rake so I want to lift the front to match the stock rear) and also road compliant and comfortable. The truck will be used for light off-road stuff so I figured the Forged Offroad Stage 1 upgrade will be greatly for the washboard roads and etc.

I am not going the Fox 3.0 route as I think I would never use the suspension for it's intentions. It'd be a shame to drop that much money just to be a street bike hauler to the track and date nights. Plus the clicking noise on the IBP would annoy the crap out of me.

Most will say not to put Geisers on mid perch unless the coils are already old and clapped. You're asking to granade the top hat and have steep CV angles. Geisers on midperch also aren't exactly "compliant and comfortable", I really dont think you're able to build a raptor level front to rear without making a lot of sacrifices in function and ride.

I run the Deaver SD+3 (+1 over stock) with a camburg extended shackle and new geisers on low perch and am happy with the look and feel for now. It's definitely raked but doesnt look much different from stock. I also know over time the front and rear will settle. I've only been on this setup for about 3 months. I wouldn't bother with flutter stacks and would suggest you just air down a little bit.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most will say not to put Geisers on mid perch unless the coils are already old and clapped. You're asking to granade the top hat and have steep CV angles. Geisers on midperch also aren't exactly "compliant and comfortable", I really dont think you're able to build a raptor level front to rear without making a lot of sacrifices in function and ride.

I run the Deaver SD+3 (+1 over stock) with a camburg extended shackle and new geisers on low perch and am happy with the look and feel for now. It's definitely raked but doesnt look much different from stock. I also know over time the front and rear will settle. I've only been on this setup for about 3 months. I wouldn't bother with flutter stacks and would suggest you just air down a little bit.
Hows the daily driving with your setup?

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As I posted this (in this forum and FB group page), I have learned that a lot of people don't recommend geiser spring with mid perch. So with that being said, I won't go that route.

As for flutter stacks, is it a waste of $120? The idea is to always air down when offroading, but figured $120 to help the OEM setup wouldn't hurt unless it's truly a waste.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hows the daily driving with your setup?

I went from stock coils on mid perch and stock leafs to Geisers on bottom perch and Deavers and its a great setup all around. The front is quiet and smooth now but the rear is exceptionally better than before. If the front improved by 50%, then I feel like the rear got 100% better. Its crazy how ****** the stock leaf pack is.

As I posted this (in this forum and FB group page), I have learned that a lot of people don't recommend geiser spring with mid perch. So with that being said, I won't go that route.

As for flutter stacks, is it a waste of $120? The idea is to always air down when offroading, but figured $120 to help the OEM setup wouldn't hurt unless it's truly a waste.

I have noticed only Forged offers the easily done flutter stack option so i'd wager that if it was worth it to TSW or Hammer they would offer it also. Makes you wonder why they wouldn't offer it as an easy money maker and performance adder? I've talked with a couple shock rebuilders and they were able to rattle off some jargon that was above my head as to why it's not as effective for our setups. I'm sure if i asked Forged they'd do a damn good job of trying to earn my $120 though so its hard to say!