Geiser hitting bump stop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 2 months ago I had the Geiser springs put on (Deavers +3 as well) and went with 37's on the stock wheels. I love the look and ride but have a slight concern. Every once in a while I hear a clunk in the front when I go over bumps, like a speed bump. I am not going fast, but wonder if the UCA is hitting a bump stop in the front.

Anyone else with Geisers notice this? Thanks!

View attachment 117077 View attachment 117078

I have the same set up on my 2018 SCAB(giesers and +3 deavers...minus the 37's. Was wanting to put 37's on my OEM Wheels(i have the black ones)....but i'm scared of the overheight and it not fitting in my garage since its kinda close now. Is there anyway, you would be willing to give me a height measurement from ground to top of your truck. I would be forever in your debt.

IMG_8234.jpg

OP
OP
thetasigma1186

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on...i needs me a measurement....help a dude out.

Sorry...been tied up! I have not measured to the top. However, from the ground to the bottom of the fender flare is 44" on all 4 wheel wells. If I get some time, I will measure to the top. Hopefully that helps for now though!

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thx, if you do get the time...i'd be really interested in the ground to top of the truck measurement....thanks again

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too. Have to fit in 7’ clearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
thetasigma1186

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thx, if you do get the time...i'd be really interested in the ground to top of the truck measurement....thanks again

Me too. Have to fit in 7’ clearance

Ok...I measured this morning and the height was about 81". So you should be all set on a 7' door.

OP
OP
thetasigma1186

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, had the shop take a look at the LCA shock bolt. It was torqued properly and not loose. They did say as they lowered the truck off the rack it only compressed about 1-2". So the front strut is pretty much maxed out as it sits. Not sure if that is because of the 37's or what.

Overall, I think I can live with the occasional noise as I am not taking the truck off-road. Not sure where else to go from here besides taking off the Geisers and going back to some sort of collar or level kit. Just not sure if the 37's will fit under the front with collars/level kit.

Thanks!

OP
OP
thetasigma1186

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you had any luck figuring out your problem? I am having the same problem with my Geisers

We are at the conclusion that the front strut is pretty much maxed out. Don’t think it’ll hurt anything, but there just isn’t much travel anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
thetasigma1186

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I took off the Geisers and put on a 2.5" level. I like the ride better and do not have the same issue I had with the Geisers. Now time to sell the Geisers!