Geiser hitting bump stop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 2 months ago I had the Geiser springs put on (Deavers +3 as well) and went with 37's on the stock wheels. I love the look and ride but have a slight concern. Every once in a while I hear a clunk in the front when I go over bumps, like a speed bump. I am not going fast, but wonder if the UCA is hitting a bump stop in the front.

Anyone else with Geisers notice this? Thanks!

file-5.jpeg file-4.jpeg

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
there is no external bump stop that the uca would contact. If your uca is hitting something, that is bad. The front shocks have a jounce bump stop on them.

BrianR

Reaction score
Is it possible, since suspension is now riding significantly higher within the shocks travel range, the shocks are abruptly hitting max extension during rebound just after hitting the bump? I could see that causing some noise.
I think there are a few guys describing the same noise pattern with adjustment collars as well.

kromealt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the lower shock mount bolt...it needs to be VERY tight...about 420 ft/lbs tight!
This. I've swapped in geisers and collars a few times and the clunk is always the LCA shock bolt not being tight enough

Also, torque wrenches over 250lbs are surprisingly rare even in some shops - one that can handle 406 is expensive. I wouldn't be surprised if installer just guesstimated his ft/lbs on those bolts.

Last edited:

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This. I've swapped in geisers and collars a few times and the clunk is always the LCA shock bolt not being tight enough

Also, torque wrenches over 250lbs are surprisingly rare even in some shops - one that can handle 406 is expensive. I wouldn't be surprised if installer just guesstimated his ft/lbs on those bolts.

Torque multiplier is what you want!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
you could always just buy one of the biggie sized dewalt cordless impact guns.

3 torque settings on em... 100, 400 and 900ft/lbs.

400 is plenty close enough to 406.

OP
OP
thetasigma1186

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! I will have the shop check the torque and make sure we're set. I didn't see any bump stops on the UCA, so I wasn't sure that was the issue. Glad to hear it may just be the bolts. I'll hopefully get there this afternoon and torque it down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xlr8r