Geiser & Deaver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wcslv

Reaction score
New to this forum. Looking to purchase soon. Question about the geiser coils. With these springs are they not just moving the shock piston down closer to the full extended position or “topping out”? All the lifts I have done before required a longer shock to keep the piston in the sweet zone. When topping-out this will cause shock mount damage and other problems like oil leaks etc..... Can someone explain why so many people go this way except to be cheaper. With the deaver springs in the rear are people replacing the shocks or using the oem shocks? This is another place that should be using longer shocks again. It just seems to be the wrong way to gain travel and ride quality for the Raptors without replacing the shocks in both suspension applications.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the setup that you are talking about (Geiser and Deaver +3), but never thought about the questions you are asking since so many people recommended that particular configuration. I am anxious to see what responses you get from people that are far more knowledgeable on the topic.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New to this forum. Looking to purchase soon. Question about the geiser coils. With these springs are they not just moving the shock piston down closer to the full extended position or “topping out”? All the lifts I have done before required a longer shock to keep the piston in the sweet zone. When topping-out this will cause shock mount damage and other problems like oil leaks etc..... Can someone explain why so many people go this way except to be cheaper. With the deaver springs in the rear are people replacing the shocks or using the oem shocks? This is another place that should be using longer shocks again. It just seems to be the wrong way to gain travel and ride quality for the Raptors without replacing the shocks in both suspension applications.

All you are doing is adjusting the preload with the front coilovers. The travel doesn’t change.
You are correct at ride height you are in a different zone but the overall travel of the shock doesn’t change.

Droop position is still the same as is the compressed position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

People go with collars because it doesn't change the travel of the suspension. You dont want to change the travel of the suspension because it can negatively affect ball joints and CV axles.

Preload collars just change the static position of the truck in its normal suspension travel to a higher position.

OP
OP
Wcslv

Wcslv

Reaction score
Last night there was a reply about how they were going to have their suspension setup with 35”. But they removed the reply.
Could you PM me with what you were plan on doing again?

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People go with collars because it doesn't change the travel of the suspension. You dont want to change the travel of the suspension because it can negatively affect ball joints and CV axles.

Preload collars just change the static position of the truck in its normal suspension travel to a higher position.

Are you saying that geisers or eibachs change the suspension travel?