Geiser and deaver combo issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carlos chavez

Reaction score
Greetings from Mexico. Looking for help. I recently purchased a geiser springs and Deaver leafs for my 17 raptor and have the following issues.
Geiser:Harsh rebound. When ever I hit a pothole or go at slow speeds over speed limit bumps or anything that makes the wheel go down it goes down very hard and I can hear a loud noise and the cabin vibrates. Are the shoks now to short and reach their limit and are hitting? Or the sway bars connectors Are now to short?

Deavers: after installing them I now have a clunk noise when accelerating from stop. Similar to axle wrap.. Like if I have a cannon ball in the bed and it hits the back dor when I accelerate.

I hope somebody experienced similar things and was able to fix and is willig to Share their experience.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the sound you are hearing. I put Deaver +3 SD on my 2017 after shock rebuild/exchange and I hear/feel the exact same clunk. I only notice from accelerating from a stop, because I never notice it when shifting gears of normal driving, which would lead me more towards ujoints. I retorqued every bolt and even pulled the rear shocks thinking that was the issue.

I have yet to find a way to cure this sound. It is driving me nuts though. I am still working on the fix and will update if I can figure it out.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although I'm still learning about these trucks, and only contribute when I can, I would say that you are both definitely experiencing axle wrap. Especially after Deavers. Best / only way I know to get rid of the noise, consider getting traction bars.

2 different ones to chose from. Both great companies, SVC & RPG. Pick the alphabet company you like more, LOL. When I was getting my build done, I chose SVC's traction bars. Just liked them better. It will take away the wrap, and also the rear end hop associated with hitting pot holes. Hope this helps.

supersage

Reaction score
Cool I’m about to order a traction bar! Thinking of doing Deaver’s but still want the plushy ride.. would you say it helps the ride on/ Offroad or not worth it?

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool I’m about to order a traction bar! Thinking of doing Deaver’s but still want the plushy ride.. would you say it helps the ride on/ Offroad or not worth it?
I would say it helps, as the stock springs (4 I believe) usually flatten out, and become un-rideable.

Offroad I have little to no experience, but that's about to change. I'll be in Baja in 17 days!