Gears not showing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
There's an area on the right side of the tachometer that shows the gear you're in while in Manual mode. For a time, my truck (2019) was showing the gears while in Drive. That's gone now and I don't know what I changed or how to get it back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Denny

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Push the - on the shifter. Or the paddles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I always pull the right paddle behind the steering wheel whenever that happens (not sure why?) and it comes right back on.

OP
OP
Dennis Gardner
Reaction score
Push the - on the shifter. Or the paddles.
Yep, I always pull the right paddle behind the steering wheel whenever that happens (not sure why?) and it comes right back on.
Thanks for that guys. Interesting that in Drive, each press of the left paddle removes the highest gear and each press of the right paddle adds the gears back. Anyone know why that happens?

Thanks again,
Denny

White raptor

Reaction score
That’s to lock out the upper gears for things like towing. It keeps you from going through the gears up and down when you want to stay in the powerband

gopher870

Reaction score
The paddle shifters on these vehicles are not true "race style" paddle shifters....

The paddles are just an extension of the little switch on the side of the shift knob. As stated above, it is meant to lock out upper gears and not generally intended to manually shift the automatic transmission up/down as in a sports car for example.

But to stay on point with your original post. The dash gives the option to see the 1-10 gear numbers or not. You can turn them off if it annoys you or turn them on if you like to see what gear you are in.

This can be accomplished by either using the paddles or the button on the shift knob.

Happy Raptoring!

[edit: spelling]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dennis Gardner
Reaction score
That’s to lock out the upper gears for things like towing. It keeps you from going through the gears up and down when you want to stay in the powerband
That makes sense, thanks. I read about that in the manual but didn't understand it. It's called "Progressive Range Selection".

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for that guys. Interesting that in Drive, each press of the left paddle removes the highest gear and each press of the right paddle adds the gears back. Anyone know why that happens?

Thanks again,
Denny

Again...RTFM...this is all covered in detail.

kidding...it can be tough to comprehend some times.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love being able to lock out gears. Usually around town in traffic, I'll lock out 10 and 9 sometimes so I always in the higher RPM's so I can pass easily. When I'm climbing up into the mountains it great as well.