Gear shifter light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked mine up last week and they do not light up[ either. I think there was another thread that talked about wires for the lighting existing under the shift console that aren't connected for some reason. They connected them and now the lights work in the console.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked mine up last week and they do not light up[ either. I think there was another thread that talked about wires for the lighting existing under the shift console that aren't connected for some reason. They connected them and now the lights work in the console.

That's this thread. Sounds like they stopped lighting it up after early 2018 builds.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the bulb that someone said to get, how do I know if mine are painted ???

If you have your console apart to install the light, shine a light through from the backside and see if the letters light up. If they do, you're good to go. If not, no good to go.

Dusty

Reaction score
Driving back from DQ tonight and noticed there are no lights there. 19 802a. That entire area just looks bizarre to me now. I have nothing to add to this discussion except I am disappointed Ford couldn’t put something so small and standard into a 70k truck. Ahhhh such is life...