Gear shifter light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 18. Mine lights up. I would say you have a problem. I was just in there replacing my cup lighting to add ambient lighting. I was going to swap the shifter light to be color changing also.

i think what he’s talking about is it the light changes to show what gear you’re in.

my ‘18 doesn’t show the gear it’s in but it lights up like the photo in post #1

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 16 KR center console gear indicator (letters/numbers) do light up, but only when the head/parking lights are on...they are not part of the ambient lighting system, just courtesy lighting like the lane keep button...the dash display actually shows what gear you're in.

Dakotablues

Reaction score
Mine was built in January, 2018 - does not light up either. I'd have never noticed it honestly short of this thread.

My take is that "maybe" someone at Ford realized the lighting there was absolutely useless without also indicating THERE what drive/park status you're in. Pretty funny stuff. No way in hell I'd even try to light this up unless the position you're in is also indicated. Come on Ford - light it up AND show an indicator.

Last edited:

handstr

Reaction score
mine dont light up either. i was taking it to the dealership to see if there was a problem

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I was about to ask the same question. Everything lights up but these. Stupid and cheap of Ford to do (unless its broken). New 2018. Yes it's on dash, but should also light up letters next to shifter...kinda something that's been around since 1970.

IMG_0559.jpg