Gear oil help please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

POORMPG79

Reaction score
Wanting to change the front and rear differential gear oil in my 2010 Raptor can anyone tell me what weight oil goes in each as well as quantities and if I also need a friction additive or not as well thank you in advance.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed REAR in my 2014 last year....used AMSOIL SEVERE GEAR® 75W-90 ... its expensive...but so is a Raptor... think it was around $12 per qt. at time...No need for Additive it has it already.....
Hard to say which "Brand" is best,or working best...and you will go crazy reading all the reviews.... so all I can say is I have not blown the rear up yet..so must be working....:33:
I believe you need 5 qts .... should say so in manual.

Edit after reading a few other replies.......my mistake...that was 5 pints....not qts... Also....as I understand the 75W/140W is for extreme condition and if your towing ..... in my case,its just normal highway driving and was told 75W-90 is the way to go,front and back.

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The factory owner's manual for my 2011 says:
- Front differential: 80W-90, 3.5 pints
- Rear differential: 75W-140, 5.5 pints
- Transfer case: 1.6 quarts of Ford Transfer Case Fluid, but Ford has abandoned its proprietary fluid and the spec is now for Mercon LV.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you take the good oil you need, why do you want add something else, absolutly not necessary, may be worse...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts