Gear indicator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Antho

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In gen 3 hitting "+" will show it briefly but then it disappears. At least thats been my experoence tryin to get it to work
Exactly. It pops up for a second then goes away. Kind of weird to not constantly display it but not really a complaint I suppose.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My guess is they eliminated it because of customer complaints. They literally had to release a Service Message to dealers to explain that it’s normal behavior for the 10R to skip gears; people were bringing their vehicles to the dealer complaining that they weren’t shifting properly. Every time the dealer writes an RO and determines it’s normal operation, the manufacturer gets billed for the time as an NPF.

This is the same reason manufacturers went to dummy gauges and “idiot” lights back in the 90’s, the general public are not well informed and think that any variation in a reading means there is a problem.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you guys talking about???? You don't have to be in "manual" to see the gears you're in! Just tap the paddle shifter while in automatic and the display shows what gear your in and changes with the automatic shifting so simple!

OP
OP
Antho

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are you guys talking about???? You don't have to be in "manual" to see the gears you're in! Just tap the paddle shifter while in automatic and the display shows what gear your in and changes with the automatic shifting so simple!
So you can see what gear your in the whole time? Or does it just pop up for 2 seconds then go back off?