Gear hang/hard shift on very low speed (sport mode) (gen 3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6R80 in my first gen does this all the time. Slow speeds through the parking lot results in jerky acceleration and hard shifts. Once the truck is warm/gets above 3rd gear the problem resolves itself. Seems Ford tends to struggle with transmission programming.

Last edited:

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am dropping my truck off Wednesday morning for a list of things, and that exact problem is on my list. @FordTechOne is there anything in the database for this concern? Just figured if you have something I could point my service rider in the right direction.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am dropping my truck off Wednesday morning for a list of things, and that exact problem is on my list. @FordTechOne is there anything in the database for this concern? Just figured if you have something I could point my service rider in the right direction.
No service messages. If it only occurs in Sport mode, it’s not likely to be a mechanical concern and is typically a characteristic of the calibration.

JamesTabletop

Reaction score
Yup. It’s a double edged sword. But I prefer to stay on the side of caution even though Winfield at goose tunes is awesome and rad dude, I just rather have the warranty for my minds sake lol.
they can tell if you flash it back to stock?