Gave the Raptor its first ever paces through the old hay field

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't have anyone available to take pics. Family owns 80 acres about 4 hours away that's rarely used. It's about as rough and bumpy as can be and I remember a few years ago coming out with my f150 and driving gingerly about 10mph through the field to where we camp. Never took the gen2 or gen1 out there.

Well.. Gen3.. finally realize why it's a cheat mode to drive this track fast. I flew through the field faster than I should have at 70mph+. No issues.. 700 miles later still no issues. Just awesome.. now I have another trip out there planned just for the sole purpose of running the truck through the field.

RIP 2nd owner when the R comes.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DJI Mini 3 Pro is a great place to start. Great functionality, awesome sensor. As with any drone, there is going to be a bit of a learning curve but DJI makes it as easy as it could be and there are GREAT learning and setup videos on YouTube.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
DJI Mini 3 Pro is a great place to start. Great functionality, awesome sensor. As with any drone, there is going to be a bit of a learning curve but DJI makes it as easy as it could be and there are GREAT learning and setup videos on YouTube.
The DJI mini 3 pro is a very nice drone, however, I don't believe the speed will keep up with a raptor going 70 miles an hour.

I suppose you could climb and capture a short run.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
The DJI mini 3 pro is a very nice drone, however, I don't believe the speed will keep up with a raptor going 70 miles an hour.

I suppose you could climb and capture a short run.
Exactly. I work with more "professional" drones that easily could..........OOPS! OMG! I pushed the wrong button, ABORT! ABORT! Wow! That was close!

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will definitely concede that. But short of and FPV with a skilled pilot, no pro-sumer drone will.... and that is a whole other level. :)