GAUGE SIZE FOR BAJA DESIGNS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GabrielM619

Reaction score
Any of you guys know the wire size needed to wire a Baja designs squadron sport ? I don’t have the harness and trying to figure out which size to use!

thx!

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Any of you guys know the wire size needed to wire a Baja designs squadron sport ? I don’t have the harness and trying to figure out which size to use!

thx!

Squadron Sport only takes up only 2 amps. 16 gauge should be fine for 15 ft. :)

TopElement

Full Access Member
Reaction score
16g would be fine. I ran 14g for my 3 Squadron sports tied together, and a separate 14g wire for my pair of Squadron SAE's. Gives me the option to change lights in the future and plug into existing connectors without running new wires.

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the BD extension harness is 14 awg. But I think voltage drop would be negligible with 16 awg to even a pair of squadron sports. I ran my own wire from the BD splitter harness using 16 awg for the pair of S1s on my rear bumper, those little lights are bright! Me being a little OCD, I did use marine grade wire, and cut off the connector from the splitter harness and used adhesive lined heat shrink butt connectors, and same to the upfitter wire.

From the specs, the squad sport are 26 watt, and the s1s are 20 watt.

for 2 x S1s, roughly a max voltage drop of 4.5% for a 20ft length of 16 awg.

for 1 x squad sport, 3%, which is pretty ideal.

Last edited: