Gauge Mode: Trans Temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, there is a larger OEM "Saudi" cooler that fits right in the factory clips that a few of us have installed. About a five minute job to upgrade.

R,
HAP

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but is it normal in the winter months to simply not be able to get the temperature of the tranny up?

Its been -5 to 10F the last week or so, and even after my 20 mile trip to work, its still only 145-150F.

I've seen that on cold CA mornings (for us 35°!) where after 15 miles after a cold start then on to the highway I would be in the 160° range at most. It will take long time to get to normal temps of 190°.

And this was before I added a larger cooler last summer (Larger Ford OEM cooler mentioned by @HAP). So far our winter has been fairly mild with no real cold temps to see just how long it takes to get up to normal temp.

Reaction score
The average temperature of my ford is 95-deg approx. But when humidity level increases it goes on 180-deg sometimes. If they provide a machine which can calculate the oil and water temperature in gauge.