Gas Tank Venting Issues - Have to fill very slowly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've also seen where members tried to fill their tanks with a gas can without using the filler neck adaptor and then had this problem.
In one or two cases they needed a new filler tube. If I can find the posts, I'll post it.

OP
OP
K

killswitch engage

Reaction score
Ok so the vent ties into the solenoid line (which is open key off) are you checking the vent line with one of these to hold the flap open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I checked the vent line on the filler tube with and without the funnel. I pulled it completely out of the truck to do it since it's pretty tight working space. It was clear.

I was able to fill at a normal rate this weekend. It seems like the green vent might have been sticking and the check valve in the tank at the fill tube was sticking. Either that or I blew some dirt out of a line and don't know it. I used some wire to clean the green vent valve and tapped it with rubber mallet. The check valve in the tank I just pushed on a few times and cleaned it well.

Seems to be working...for now.

Thanks for all help! It got me checking more things and with different lines connected to narrow it down.