Gas prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CHMP

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are planning on a ~100 mile trip to score some beer from our favorite brewery, they are hurting right now. You all know even road trips are a pleasant experience in our trucks.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Holy crap am I feeling good about owning a terrible mileage vehicle. I filled up with 91 for $2.55/gallon in San Jose CA. What are you guys experiencing elsewhere?

93 octane for $1.99 per gallon in Missouri @ Costco.

Wife and I went on a short road trip to Hawn State Park where we hiked with our backpacks on a three mile trail, more like a very rough obstacle course in many places, going over and under trees including rocks the size of small boulders. It was a beautiful day yesterday.

Now we both can't move, LOL!

Last edited:

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trail are open, except the National Park trails. Maybe primitive camping is not restricted, but I have heard Rangers kicking people out of BLM campgrounds, which are all primitive, so I am not sure. Sand Flats area is open, but camping is not allowed. Some restaurants are allowing take out with limited menu, but many are closed. Grocery store is open and mostly stocked up again (after panic buying), but no toilet paper yet. Gas is $ 2.59 for 91.

I did hear that in the county where you are a resident, you can camp on BLM land.

Are you in Moab now?

We are doing Top of the world Saturday or Sunday. Don’t know which day yet. upload_2020-4-3_12-39-14.jpeg

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The market will recover, we lost nothing if we check back 1.5-2 years from now. If anything it's time to sink any non-essential liquid cash into index funds and buy the dip!

I tend to agree with you....but also disagree....guess it depends on your age....if your an older Baby-Boomer (like me) I disagree....but if your a Millennial/GenX..you bet...buy on the dip if you can afford it.....

I've been buying on dips since the 1987 crash,bought Gold before we went off the Gold Standard at $38 per ounce and actually bought my Raptor cash from profits on buying on the dip during the Banking crisis...Also lived thru the Gas Embargo of the 70's..which as I see it is more like this Virus problem in that its an unknown and causes fear....if you never lived thru sitting in line for 3 hrs on odd or even days to buy $1-$2 worth of gas,you wont get it....

Problem is this is not a $$$ issue as much as its a HEALTH issue....yes,we can and always have overcome $$$ issues in this country,We are strong and the BEST country in the world (I've traveled most of it,and so glad I'm HERE!)....but this Virus is way different...what good is the $$ or our Raptors going to do if we are dead.....Not a doomsdayer,but WTF...dont people get it...still acting like nothing is going on....Our State just added another 30 days to the lockdown,I personally have been home since March 12th.....being one of the lucky ones that doesnt have to go to work...and wants to survive so I can spend my $$ and pay $4.00 a gallon for gas if we have to...

For those of you out of work,my heart goes out to you...and to those of you that are still working,just be careful and THANKS YOU to all those people...not only the Doctors and Police/First Responders,but to all the people working in grocery stores andUPS/FED-X/USPO..etc...who are keeping this country running.

Seems from being on the group for over a year,most of us are well heeled and not hurting,but if we dont take care of our health first,you can have a stable of cars and trucks worth $500K in your garage that isnt going to be worth anything if your dead...
So,fellow Raptor Owners....STAY SAFE....this will pass and I dont think anyone will be worrying about the price of gas when its over...
:33:

Last edited:

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ricoman- good points on both your posts, people do need to take this crisis seriously. But I think these posts are just guys trying to find a little bright spot and kill some time.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In 2004 I bought for me a very expensive vehicle, a V8 Touareg. The day I took delivery gas broke the 1.99 price and went over $2. I was not happy.

I’ve come to learn that when oil goes up, the price at the pump skyrockets in a nanosecond. When oil prices drop, it creeps down slower than a sloth.

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IM STILL DRIVING 100 PLUS MILES ON WEEKENDS.GET OUT OF HOUSE,SOMETHING TO DO.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ricoman- good points on both your posts, people do need to take this crisis seriously. But I think these posts are just guys trying to find a little bright spot and kill some time.

Yep...we need some humor during these times...just ****** me off sometimes when I see people around here not listening to the orders...never one for BIG BROTHER,but times like these someone has to make some rules and we as Americans need to LISTEN to them (not talking about anyone on this forum,just what I see from where I live).

So on a kind of funny side....or should I say crazy side....We just got another 30 days added to our "sentence"....and I totally agree...But sometimes they take it too far....we are suppose to stay home,do stuff in our yards,stay away from others....well what better place to get rid of the boredom than going for a hike,some boating...or hit some trails with our Raptors....I'd think that is keeping away from people and social distancing....DO understand the closing of campgrounds....BUT...ALL STATE LAND...
L1230635.JPG
Example...I live on 2 lakes,one in front of house,one in back...with 2 hiking trails almost next to my driveway....2 weeks ago when this all started you looked out window and there were people fishing,kayaking,etc.....LOTS of distance between those parked on roadside...families just trying to have some fun.....Fast forward to this week....I look out and its like I'm living at the end of the world...NO ONE! Couldnt figure out why,so yesterday went for a walk and although I couldnt see from my window as soon as I walked up the road a little,there was the answer....they CLOSED down EVERYTHING and have signs posted every 1/8 of a mile and at the boat launch and entry to hiking trails......Personally I've listened to everything our Gov. has said and agree 100%...up until now...I live in the most beautiful spots in the State and at best we might get 25-30 guys along a 2-3 mile stretch fishing,hiking....and they are now saying I cant go out my driveway for a walk....A little over stretching if you ask me,just like telling us we cant drive on a trail....hell,if we have to worry about the Virus floating along a 22 mile Lake and killing the guys fishing we might as well just bend over and kiss our asses goodbye.