Gas pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI for new owners. The truck felt slow on throttle response and doggy overall, on a whim I moved the pedals up to about an inch higher position and some how at that angle it's like a different truck. Snappy, quick to shift and moves out! I was use to a Tundra with a very sensitive and progressive throttle and now this feels the same:)

OP
OP

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try it, you have nothing to lose, it's easy enough to put it back if not.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the OP had the pedals cranked way too far "away" which interfered with the accelerator pedal travel. More of an operator error situation if you're paying attention.

OP
OP

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s why I moved them up lol. That was my point for posting this. They where in the max forward position. I’m guessing a lot of people have the same issue and don’t realize it.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well...it worked for me...when the pedals are moved up a bit you can feel the throttle hitting a positive stop, but when the pedals were all the way forward you can feel the stop hit the rubber mat...

NOT an operator issue!....Ford should have made sure the mat cleared the pedals at full forward position...

Yes it helped...thanks

nick71692

Reaction score
worked for me too...didnt even realize where my pedals were, just adjusted my seat and steering wheel, never gave thought to it. Pull the pedals all the way to the top...much better feel