Gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjt

Reaction score
Not that many are buying a raptor and worrying about fuel mileage, but what kind of mileage could one expect? Hiway/city. Newer one with the V6. Similar to a regular f150 or worse ?

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 15 lariat 3.5 averaged 13.2 and I did everything to get the mpg back up to what everyone gets. My 19 raptor gets on avg 15-16 80/20 city/highway. City in Chicago burbs is different than city in other areas. The 2.2 miles from house to work has 13 stoplights/stop signs.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm at 17 since my last oil change, 2000 miles ago. Mix of highway and town driving. That's after calibration. The computer was originally too optimistic and was telling me 18mpg. I mostly drive with a light foot, but occasionally get on it. If I wanted to be a real *** about it, I could probably get 18 combined. Not worth it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF, EH!

If you want to talk EM PEE GEEEs, you need the move to the Jen Juan (aka Gen 1) sub forum, where they’ve been complaining about gas mileage since 2010: One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Owners of the 2017+ Raptors seem more concerned with Smiles Per Gallon :cool:

Nick9323

Reaction score
On the crappy California gas blends, 91 (highest standard we have here...uhg....) from Chevron/Shell/Mobil I get 12-14mpg.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
16-17 mpg average. My 2020 Raptor definitely gets better mileage than my GM pickups with 6.2L engine. GM with 5.3L engine is slightly better than my Raptor. My Raptor is on par with my 2020 5.7L RAM.

The real question is your tolerance for frequent visits to the gas pumps? I had a 6.2L Yukon that I only drove 30 miles round trip to work. I hated filling it up weekly and watching the meter run. My brother bought a Silverado that he planned to drive 90 miles round trip to work. I warned him he would be unhappy, and sure enough he sold the Silverado within 6 months.

Gas prices are going to continue to rise. It is intentional and not likely to be under $2.00/gal any time soon.