Gas Mileage Discrepancy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice a difference between what their Raptor Computers calculated gas mileage is per trip vs the actual math?

I fill up at the same place (often the same pump) and I'm consistently getting about 1MPG less with the actual math vs what the computer is telling me. Have done this with the last 3-4 tanks.

Curious to see what others have experienced?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone notice a difference between what their Raptor Computers calculated gas mileage is per trip vs the actual math?

I fill up at the same place (often the same pump) and I'm consistently getting about 1MPG less with the actual math vs what the computer is telling me. Have done this with the last 3-4 tanks.

That matches perfectly with my gen 2. It's BS designed to make you feel better about your truck.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a way on the Gen 2 to enter engineering test mode to update the multiplier or whatever the computer uses to calculate DTE, so that it matches your actual math. This post explains the steps. I haven't tried it with my Gen 3

Last edited:

Ted Schroeder

Reaction score

Same here on what you see for mpg hand calculated. Premium fuel since day one.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The estimated range is a rolling average of your last 40 miles or so. Come off the highway after 100+ miles and your DTE will be 525+ at fill up. In town 0-60 runs or off road in your last 40 miles, and your DTE will be 475 at fill up.

Depending on your driving, you will see the DTE drop slow, or fast all based on your right foot.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm usually a few tenths off from calculations compared to what the computer says. There are other variables to consider like thermal expansion and contraction with weather temperatures. Like coming out if a warm garage the fuel is expanded then park outside in freezing temperatures all day then park in warm garage again creats havoc on calculations. I made a mistake 1 time when I topped off tank at 10 below 0 then parked in warm garage and my garage reaked like a gas can and computer said 500 some miles till empty wich is impossible during the winter

Ghostrider743

Reaction score
I am consistantly off by 1 mile+, i have been off by almost 2 miles per gallon on some occasions. I always use premium, seem to get around 13mpg consistantly in this truck. Doesnt matter the on highway/town ratio. I have gotten 15mpg one time on an all highway trip back from colorado.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is usually within 1 mpg, however when driving all highway then back to short distances it does take some time to correct.