Gas and Water Cans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just bought myself two of these:

80033%205%20Gal%20Enviro-FloGas.jpg

http://www.blitzusa.com/products/fuel/Containment/ef5g.html

They're Blitz Enviro-Flo T Plus 5 gallon gas containers. These are pretty cool in that the spout itself is the vent, and its designed to enable controlling flow. And the whole thing is designed to be spillproof, and airtight for storage.

They tuck right in between the front of the bed and the tie down strap I have spanning between the tiedown points

strap0.png

strap1.png

(The bag holds my first aid kit, basic tools, jumper cables, and a few safety related knickknacks.)

I also grabbed one of these:

water1.png

Its a 5 gallon kerosene container (also spillproof) that I plan to use for water and tie down right there.

If you're looking for gas cans, give these a look. Time will tell how they hold up, but from what I can tell these things are made to last! :rockon:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're pretty good cans considering what's available here in the US. I actually have the red Blitz gas can you bought. They do the job but they're really not very good. They're thin wall and they expand and contract like balloons in the heat and cold weather. But they're probably as good a plastic can as is available here in California and the US.

I believe the best plastic cans are made by Sceptre and their wall thickness is such that they don't swell up in the heat. Unfortunately they're not really available here in the US. You might be able to get them if you use them for water ;) ;) ;)

160_group_gas.jpg

For combat units on the move, small canisters that can be carried and poured by hand and moved around a battle zone by front-line vehicles are a crucial link in the fuel and water supply network. Scepter has been building and perfecting commercial fuel cans for decades and has evolved that experience into a complete line of Military specification fuel canisters and accessories.

The Scepter Military Fuel Canister (MFC) was developed by Scepter to meet design and performance requirements set by the U.S. Army and Canadian Forces for leak-proof, rugged, safe, dependable and cost-effective plastic jerry canisters. Scepter has produced and delivered over one million MFCs.

Vehicle and other OEM defense contractors can design equipment with carrying fixtures and brackets that are uniformly designed because of the standardized dimensions of the fuel canisters (and the Scepter water canisters).

Features of the Scepter Military Fuel Can
Flat-sided and rectangular shape - Burns in a fire, but will not explode
Three integral handles; carry two cans in each hand - Cap retainer straps are colour coded to type of fuel
Accepts pour spouts - Fits standard pattern vehicle brackets for liquid storage containers
Air-vent tube in neck keeps pouring smooth - Inside threads accept adapters for stoves and heaters
Air chamber at the top; the container will float - Full line of Scepter accessories available - pour spouts, adapters, etc.
An economical and user-friendly fuel storage and transportation solution - Easy-to-open twist cap can be operated while wearing environmental or NBCW protective clothing

I know when they are available for water use ;) they're about $100 each (as I recall). If I can buy two or three of them I will. And if I can get more I'll see if you guys want some :)

Link to above info

clark2334

Reaction score
You have a pretty cool plastic water and gas cans there. But for me, i prefer more on the metal gas can.

Thinking of getting 5 Gallon Metal Jerry Gas Can
2nhgb44.jpg

rightNut

Reaction score
I have to agree with MagicMtnDan, I have a number of those plastic cans and they balloon very badly in the sun and become very tippy. The spout is kind of a pain in the...

I discovered Eagle metal gas cans last summer and will never buy another plastic can if I can help it. They are easily ten times better. They are very hard to tip over, have a design that makes them really easy to pour and they don't leak or expand. I wouldn't hesitate to transport one in the interior on bare carpet if I had to.

I have the ones with the the removable yellow spout that works great for pouring, but has to be removed to fill the can. The flexible spout ones weren't available. Got them at Lowes or Home Depot (cant remember) and if I recall correctly, they were around $35 apiece and worth every penny.

http://www.eagle-mfg.com/cans.html

And BigJ, I didn't mean to knock what you just bought! The plastic cans will do the same job and will never rust; just keep them out of the sun, burp them once in a while, and strapped like you have them and they will do just fine.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I discovered Eagle metal gas cans last summer and will never buy another plastic can if I can help it. They are easily ten times better. They are very hard to tip over, have a design that makes them really easy to pour and they don't leak or expand. I wouldn't hesitate to transport one in the interior on bare carpet if I had to.

I have the ones with the the removable yellow spout that works great for pouring, but has to be removed to fill the can. The flexible spout ones weren't available. Got them at Lowes or Home Depot (cant remember) and if I recall correctly, they were around $35 apiece and worth every penny.

Cool find. I have not seen those before. If the only made them rectangular....

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to agree with MagicMtnDan, I have a number of those plastic cans and they balloon very badly in the sun and become very tippy. The spout is kind of a pain in the...

And BigJ, I didn't mean to knock what you just bought! The plastic cans will do the same job and will never rust; just keep them out of the sun, burp them once in a while, and strapped like you have them and they will do just fine.
Very cool find Nut. I ran across these at a local tractor supply store, but they only had the spring hinged cap ones. Not ideal for my purposes.

And no worries on knocking my choice. I actually dumped these a while ago because they did expand, and leak and generally suck.

Instead I went with these: http://www.svtoffroad.com/showthread.php?371-Fuel-Storage-Options&p=11973#post11973 and I keep them filled with E85. I've been a happy camper since making the switch.