Garrett PowerMax Stage 2 Turbo Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the stage 2 with all the other bolt ons. So far it’s running good. In the process of adding low and high pressure fuel pumps so I can run e85. If the engine blows again I’ll definitely go with a V8.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t wanna be Debbie downer here but knowing the gen3 Raptor has coilover rear & more range/quickness of the adaptive shocks….would it be wiser to consider cutting ties w/ the gen2 instead of upgrading turbos & start new build on a gen3 that would/should be able to put the power down way better vs a gen2 w/ leafs?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t wanna be Debbie downer here but knowing the gen3 Raptor has coilover rear & more range/quickness of the adaptive shocks….would it be wiser to consider cutting ties w/ the gen2 instead of upgrading turbos & start new build on a gen3 that would/should be able to put the power down way better vs a gen2 w/ leafs?
Considering that is realistically a $40k ish proposition to get into one, maybe not.

mtnghost

Reaction score
There are also four and five link kits available for way less money and you won’t have to start over. Also anyone seriously thinking of putting some power down with bigger turbos NEEDS to be looking at e85 or methanol injection. It’s an easy and relatively cheap insurance that the engine doesn’t blow.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are also four and five link kits available for way less money and you won’t have to start over. Also anyone seriously thinking of putting some power down with bigger turbos NEEDS to be looking at e85 or methanol injection. It’s an easy and relatively cheap insurance that the engine doesn’t blow.
Keeps the engine clean as a whistle too, I have dual nozzle **** injection in my vette (into the aluminum intake tube before a bit ahead of the TB) I removed the intake manifold a lil while ago & everything was spotless inside, almost no carbon deposits - insane lol

I use straight VP M1 **** no mix