Garrett intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Angry_4dr

Reaction score
For the guys running a Garrett intercooler in the stock location. Are you able to keep the active shutters or did you have to remove them? On their website it says that the intercooler removes the active shutters, but the instructions say only the shroud needs to be removed. I've recently seen 2 different instructions.

In this video it looks like the active shutters are kept.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine are still on, you remove shroud part but then you need to cut another inch or so off plastic frame all the way around . Intercooler will slide up straight then fans will mount as well . After about 10 times lifting and trying to get lower bracket on when i realized inch of plastic still needs to be removed around box. I plan on removing shutter box this winter and clean up the cut edges as well as install water spray nozzles to spray distilled water on in summer time .

OP
OP
A

Angry_4dr

Reaction score
I removed the active shutters. The truck seems to run great without it. I have the goosetune stage 2 with a turbosmart BOV.