garage width is 95.5", truck width is 86.3", too tight of a fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thepro8

Reaction score
I have a garage with dimness 95.5" wide. I'll be backing in with the 802a package. Since the truck is 86.3" wide, will the 10" be enough of a gap? (I'll have more than enough room to open the doors once in)

Currently doing it fine in a F150 FX4, but thinking the extra 6" will make it tight.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Harder to open the truck doors but if length is good I'd say you're alright. My garage is like 20x20 feet and I struggle with that though. I now park outside instead. Had no room to walk around the truck at all

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

thepro8

Reaction score
Harder to open the truck doors but if length is good I'd say you're alright. My garage is like 20x20 feet and I struggle with that though. I now park outside instead. Had no room to walk around the truck at all

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have a 3 car garage. I park in the single garage door since it's longer (254"). Once I back up into the garage I have tons of room to open my driver door and get out. Average 5' based on where my wife parks. I always let others out before I pull in.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next house i build will have a larger guarage. I did add 4 feet in width and 5 feet in depth for a larger car, but i can see thats just going to get a Raptor and a lexis in with both having to fold their mirrors.

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are you saying the door opening is 95.5" wide since you say there's more than enough room to open the door once in?

If that's the case then you'll be just fine. I pull into a double garage but one half has a lift and I have to squeeze between it's steel post and the door frame. Less that 10" of additional width. when I back out my passenger mirror misses the door frame by < 2". I've done it for 4 months now and I do it without thinking. Nice to have the truck inside.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Power fold mirrors are handy for a tight garage fit. It lets me pull in within a couple of inches of the door's edge and leaves enough room for the wife's car and the kids can still get their bikes in and out of the garage.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats tons of room. I have a 3 car garage as well, 2 car plus single car. I park the Raptor in the single car side. I back in and have like 1-2 inches on each side as i go through the doorway. power folding mirrors are a plus as it wouldnt even fit with them out. Then i back in with the reverse camera with about 2 inches from the wall in the rear and 3 or so in the front. Once im in i have plenty of room to open the door as well. So just take it slow and you’ll be fine.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
garage width is 95.5&quot;, truck width is 86.3&quot;, too tight of a fit?

I’m at 93.5” wide and 6” length clearance and park in the garage. No doubt the first few weeks of parking are hairy until you get used to how close you get. The power folding mirrors are the life saver as you obviously have to fold them when you enter, and unfold them once you’re clear to make sure the truck is centered to back out. The side cameras are useless when it’s this close.

I’m not going to lie in that I had some tire rubbing on a few instances but as long as it’s not the sound of the mirror or fender crunching/scraping I consider it winning..8ff269a22082496ff167fbda91c3e8df.jpg

Last edited: