G3 Uplifter Switch Instructions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone having luck locating instructions for the G3 uplifter switches? Can find anything in the manual or online.

OP
OP
R

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found them - a few things different from the G2. First, you need to remove the battery and battery tray to access the wires under the hood. The cab wires are in the same spot. Second, the wire colors and fuse sizes have changed.

Aux 1 - Violet/Green - 10A (the Rigids)
Aux 2 - Green/Brown - 15A
Aux 3 - Green/Blue - 15A
Aux 4 - Brown - 10A
Aux 5 - Blue/Orange - 5A
Aux 6 - Yellow/Orange - 5A

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Found them - a few things different from the G2. First, you need to remove the battery and battery tray to access the wires under the hood. The cab wires are in the same spot. Second, the wire colors and fuse sizes have changed.

Aux 1 - Violet/Green - 10A (the Rigids)
Aux 2 - Green/Brown - 15A
Aux 3 - Green/Blue - 15A
Aux 4 - Brown - 10A
Aux 5 - Blue/Orange - 5A
Aux 6 - Yellow/Orange - 5A
Awesome, nice to see they gave a little extra power to some of the switches

OP
OP
R

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - I wired up some accessories today and didn’t need to remove the battery. You can access both sets of wires behind the battery.

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the same amperage as the Gen 2, they just switched Aux 1 and Aux3 around.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As you can see. Ford no longer gives you a full size manual. Now its in your center screen under the settings tab.

I was able to pull the wires up without removing the battery. You can see their location in the photos.

John
SPVparts.com

9A30D7C5-1797-48E4-8E90-723C7EA15580.jpeg550A1F1B-2F4F-4EF3-8443-B89A2EF82914.jpeg82A3E0AA-4C5A-4F73-8FC7-E2091274F25F.jpeg664BEFA1-0744-4AA0-BA50-01976EE2AAD2.jpeg

Last edited:

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI:
Use caution if disconnecting the battery.

Confirmed and known issues with causing faults to modules if truck is awke (key fob near) doors open, accessories on etc. and battery is removed.

just had to have my computer reflashed today.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went back to label all my switch wires after wiring in a set of Rigid Radiance Scene lights and realized one of the dead wires to the cabin was yellow, not matching the color codes Ford has in the manual. Fortunately it was only one, so a process of elimination made it easy to determine (assuming the others are correct!). Two or more would definitely require some testing to sort out! Hopefully no one runs across that.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Specialtyperformanceparts: would I be safe running two Rigid Scene lights with a 2 AMP draw each on a 5 AMP switch circuit or is that cutting it too close?
It is close. The thing with the Raptors is that their 5 amp switches had baby 22 gauge wires on them on the Gen 2's. I don't know why they cheaped out like that. So in a lot of cases, anything over 2-3 amp draw would blow the fuse after about 5 minutes.
The reason wasn't as much the fuse, but the wire would get hot because it was so thin.
Now, the nice thing is. Ford seems to have replaced those wires to all 16 gauge it looks like in the 21+. So if it is a Gen 3, I would probably guess you may be ok. Worse case, you blow a 5 amp fuse. The 5 amp is the basic one. It's not a special Mcase+ like the 15amp ones. We also have fuse packs.

John