G2 vs '18 F150 4x4 3.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not buying it. Ford knows quite well 99.9% of these trucks will never go "baja racing."

I lowered my pressures in the rear a tad, but can't afford to lower it much since I tow at the max or slightly beyond the Raptor's rated capacity.

I'm not complaining, I love the truck. But keep in mind, the ZR2 and PowerWagon were both able to accomplish going over bumps at speed with complete stability. While the PW doesn't really have a specialty suspension...the ZR2 does. Dare I suggest the Multimatic DSSV shocks on the ZR2 are superior to the Fox shocks on the Raptor?

You're all over the place.

On one had you say this truck is should be about performance including drag racing because that's what Ford marketed towards and what the Raptor is all about.

On the other hand you're saying the suspension shouldn't be tuned for Baja in spite of the fact that that's what Ford marketed it towards and the Raptor being all about.

Make up your mind.

The good news is that what you want exists in the form of sports cars and sports sedans.

All this from the same guy who tows 13,000 lbs with his Raptor... It really does seem like you purchased the wrong vehicle.

bjinc

Reaction score
If it loses compared to a standard product with a lower output engine that weighs 700lb less and isn't running 35s? Why would you be surprised?

If it loses because it's 'squirmy' over bumps on a gravel road is it not possible the other truck just handles those types of smaller bumps better (you know, the one with a 5-link rear suspension?)?

Both of those can be fixed via aftermarket. Tunes/exhaust/CAI/etc. The squirrelyness over bumps can be fixed with some deavers and a little bit of weight in the bed.

But i get it, you paid a lot of money for your truck and you want people to make you feel good. That's fine. There's plenty of places you can find echo-chambers both on here and on facebook.

This guy. We're trying to have a collective meltdown here and you're ruining it with your bland trolling. 2/10.

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're all over the place.

On one had you say this truck is should be about performance including drag racing because that's what Ford marketed towards and what the Raptor is all about.

On the other hand you're saying the suspension shouldn't be tuned for Baja in spite of the fact that that's what Ford marketed it towards and the Raptor being all about.

Make up your mind.

The good news is that what you want exists in the form of sports cars and sports sedans.

All this from the same guy who tows 13,000 lbs with his Raptor... It really does seem like you purchased the wrong vehicle.

I never towed 13k. I have towed 11.5k with a carefully balanced load and a W/D hitch, for a short distance.

I'm not all over the place at all. I want the Raptor to best the quickest on road and best off road, yet not be squirmy over bumps. Doesn't seem too much to ask?

My gosh, you guys need to relax. I love my Raptor.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
^^^ And, as it should be. It is purpose built for off-road. Why does anyone care how fast it is or isn’t?
The real problem is that these gen 2 ecoboost people must suffer from little man / Napoleon syndrome. They go into this on the defensive for buying a v6 truck. They stir their own crap up.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
V6 Raptors outperforming their V8 counterparts
V6 F150's leaving theri V8 competition in the dust

There's certainly an inferiority complex going on, but it's not from the V6 crowd.