G & P Racings Truck Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grant the truck came out so good i love that thing and we need to fix that back seat so i can try and fit in there so next time i can go for a ride in that thing. So are you going to come out again for next years snowball 500? I sure hope so it was great meeting a you. Tim

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, when you do run in the Baja, are you replacing the hard tonneau cover with a bed rack?

Yes the Tonneau cover is just a billboard for our sponsors..
When we race or put the truck in a run it will have a Outlaw race rack in it..

The cover was actually the cause of a few pains...lol...
It has been on the truck for some time and we have had problems keeping it locked down ... It has managed to brake all the upgraded hardware that we have put in it.. Twice!!!! So instead of risking having to deal with trying to get it locked back down during a race we decided to remove it..

Connor pulled one of the racks of a RSV and donated it to the project..
One of the great things about the OutLaw racks is they can be removed by pulling 4 pins. No unbolting needed..
29834_522058541137499_2110590613_n_zps3aef55fd.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Grant the truck came out so good i love that thing and we need to fix that back seat so i can try and fit in there so next time i can go for a ride in that thing. So are you going to come out again for next years snowball 500? I sure hope so it was great meeting a you. Tim

You will always be welcome in the truck Tim...I mean after all you did pull us out of that snow bank when we were on the Snoball 500..LOL :emotions33:
The rear seat is being reworked a little bit to help with ingress and egress .
More on that soon..

OP
OP
G & P Racing

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now that the truck is at Outlaw the race prep has begun..
IMG_6063_zps25b0153f.jpg

The first order of business was to get the bed off and get the interior out.
IMG_3386_zps48dbfffd.jpg
IMG_3385_zps5a84ede3.jpg

They also got the front end apart so the it can be freshened up and the new trick Icon's coil overs can be installed..
PRep101_zps527c9138.jpg

The rear of the frame was stripped of the factory shock mounts and other none need items.. They also trimmed the exhaust back. This will be rerouted later..
IMG_3512_zps3a5bbecc.jpg

While this was going on a second crew was working on the inside..
The center console will be removed for the race.. This is to help with ingress and egress of the 3rd seat passenger (Patty).
This means some brackets had to be made to keep the shiftier in position and the the up-fitter switch panel...
IMG_3510_zps7a12f0ac.jpg
Also the dash was partaly taken apart so the second GPS for the co-driver (wiz) can be installed..
121-5553166E0772-4673-000004CDE1F7152F_zps80de02b2.jpg
Mean while at the back of the truck work is progressing with the renforcement and the the VERY trick new Icon bumps and modified bump cans
A92-FF714DD1EC90-4673-000004CDFFA9F829_zpscb4ae626.jpg

They used a set up spring to find proper placement of the upper shock mount and work the timing out for the bumps..
3EF-ACA3954459F4-4673-000004CDF933C27E_zpsbdd3bcbe.jpg

With the timing worked out for the bumps and the proper shock mount location found things are starting to get buttoned up in the back....New +3 Deevers are now in..
Got love the spider web frame enforcement
EDD-7FE892A02174-4673-000004CDD82B5892_zps63dd9261.jpg

Stay tuned for more....
And as always please feel free to ask any questions..

We would also like to take a moment and again thank Connor and his crew at Outlaw for the hard work and the dedication they have put into getting this project done.. Just stand up guy's.......

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks Tim, glad you like it. We are working on the back seat...we will see, maybe better you jump in the right seat for a spin.
Had a blast at the SnoBall and want to come back for sure!!

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, glad you like it. We are working on the back seat...we will see, maybe better you jump in the right seat for a spin.
Had a blast at the SnoBall and want to come back for sure!!

I am not falling for that "I can't fit" statement... The right seat is mine. I'll butter him up and shoe horn him into that back seat...LMAO.

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i had a blast as well it was great meeting you and i wish i could take the time off of work and run support for you guys while you are down there but i can't make it this time. I sure hope you are going to come back next year for the next snowball run. I will hold you to it there Grant on going for a spin haha. Have fun out there be safe and make sure wiz stays under control haha

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not falling for that "I can't fit" statement... The right seat is mine. I'll butter him up and shoe horn him into that back seat...LMAO.

You just remember you said that....Patty's the one you will need to be butter'n up once she feels how great our new set up is.....and I am just bettin she wont buy the "I can't fit" statement...LOL

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks great Grant. Can wait to see it all finished up, and by finished up I mean a picture of the truck after the 1000 miles in 1 piece!