Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. There's no way this wouldn't be less than six figures and as much as I love my Raptor, there's no way I'm paying that much for a truck.

Angelo1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m holding out for the Gen 3. Debating if to wait an additional couple months for the gen 3 Velociraptor. Anyone know how reliable those are with the engine mods? I’ve never owned a Ford product but I sure like the way the raptors and even more so, the velociraptor. A dealership not far from me sells the Velociraptor, including the crazy 6x6. How reliable are these Raptors compared to the other 150’s?

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m holding out for the Gen 3

so you'll wait until fall of 2022 to buy your first Raptor (because fall of next year is when the next gen F150 will be available.. and history shows the Raptor is late to the party)? or.. you could buy one now and have some fun.

Angelo1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you'll wait until fall of 2022 to buy your first Raptor (because fall of next year is when the next gen F150 will be available.. and history shows the Raptor is late to the party)? or.. you could buy one now and have some fun.

Well I would love to buy the current one but my wife “financial planner” says I have to wait until I can pay 50% of it in cash with “fun money”. Kids in private school, soon college for one of them,heavy retirement saving, yada yada. I didn’t think it would take until fall of ‘22 to get the new gen. I was under the impression it would be more like fall of ‘21. If that’s the case, I’ll get the gen 2.

Angelo1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yours in the thumbnail looks great. Did you do add anything outside of stock? How has it treated you? I’ve read a few horror stories about fires, IWE and sunroof problems but Ford makes so many 150’s that something is bound to fail and faults based on the sheer number produced.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours in the thumbnail looks great. Did you do add anything outside of stock? How has it treated you? I’ve read a few horror stories about fires, IWE and sunroof problems but Ford makes so many 150’s that something is bound to fail and faults based on the sheer number produced.

Now I could be wrong on the release date, but if you look at the current Gen, the 15's came out in fall of 14 and the Gen 2 Raptor followed 2 years later in fall of 16 as a 17 model. If Ford were using a whole bunch of the current F150 to cross over it could be less lead time, but I would bet on a 2 year gap (plus this will drive Raptor prices up like it did on my Gen 1).

I can understand wanting to save! it's not like these trucks are cheap, so putting lots down makes sense.

And thanks for the kind words on my Gen 1. mine is on top perch (there's no perches on Gen 2s btw) with 37s. I haven't done much besides CAI and 5 star tune, just little cosmetic things as well. I haven't done the fuse 27 mod yet and I disconnected my rear window defroster, as those can be troublesome. funny enough my 13 F150 ecoboost didn't have either of those problems lol, but I took the word of the members on here and disconnected the rear defrost. My Gen 1 has been bulletproof so far with 55k miles on the clock, no IWE or any drivetrain issues. I've done the recalls that Ford has told us about, other than that she runs awesome! I bought it after I traded my 17 Gen 2 in and sold my 13 ecoboost. I unfortunately had a bunch of the cam phaser/ timing chain issues on both 3.5s and couldn't be bothered to deal with those headaches anymore. But I'm in the minority of that group.. talk to the countless members on here about their Gen 2s.. they're in love too. I see it as a Raptor thing lol.. they're just that good no matter which Gen you buy!

Angelo1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I could be wrong on the release date, but if you look at the current Gen, the 15's came out in fall of 14 and the Gen 2 Raptor followed 2 years later in fall of 16 as a 17 model. If Ford were using a whole bunch of the current F150 to cross over it could be less lead time, but I would bet on a 2 year gap (plus this will drive Raptor prices up like it did on my Gen 1).

I can understand wanting to save! it's not like these trucks are cheap, so putting lots down makes sense.

And thanks for the kind words on my Gen 1. mine is on top perch (there's no perches on Gen 2s btw) with 37s. I haven't done much besides CAI and 5 star tune, just little cosmetic things as well. I haven't done the fuse 27 mod yet and I disconnected my rear window defroster, as those can be troublesome. funny enough my 13 F150 ecoboost didn't have either of those problems lol, but I took the word of the members on here and disconnected the rear defrost. My Gen 1 has been bulletproof so far with 55k miles on the clock, no IWE or any drivetrain issues. I've done the recalls that Ford has told us about, other than that she runs awesome! I bought it after I traded my 17 Gen 2 in and sold my 13 ecoboost. I unfortunately had a bunch of the cam phaser/ timing chain issues on both 3.5s and couldn't be bothered to deal with those headaches anymore. But I'm in the minority of that group.. talk to the countless members on here about their Gen 2s.. they're in love too. I see it as a Raptor thing lol.. they're just that good no matter which Gen you buy!

My additional pause to hold out was the possibility of a V8 in the Gen 3 but I’m guessing that’s unlikely as all the manufacturers are looking for higher MPG unless they build a limited edition Raptor with a V8. 90k sticker if they do which I’d be happy to pay as I believe the Raptor would be a more complete package with proper exhaust notes, if not I’ll go with a Velociraptor