Future cam phaser issues out of warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 2019 is at Ford for the Cam phaser problem at 48k miles. What is Ford doing for customers that again have Cam Phaser issues out of warranty? I'm not sure I want to pay the 4k bill for this in the future if this problem comes back.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
So my 2019 is at Ford for the Cam phaser problem at 48k miles. What is Ford doing for customers that again have Cam Phaser issues out of warranty? I'm not sure I want to pay the 4k bill for this in the future if this problem comes back.
5yr/60k mile powertrain warranty. Sounds like you'll be fine to me.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think they have got the proper repair/fix figured out now, but if you don't trust them, then order a Gen 3

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I had been thinking about that for sure. Nothing has been said about a for sure fix for the gen3 though.
I don't think there is a problem with cam phasers anymore, well, the part where they are annoyingly noisy on cold start ups. If you have deep pockets get the R with the v8.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a problem with cam phasers anymore, well, the part where they are annoyingly noisy on cold start ups. If you have deep pockets get the R with the v8.
I was KINDA thinking that but their is probably cam Phasers on that motor as well. I really wanted the R but can't get over the fuel range of the R model.

Herk91

Reaction score
I have yet to figure out why guys here are having cam phaser issue. I had a 14’ Tremor w/82k miles and never once did I have these issues you guys bitch about. I ask run synthetic oil changes to 5k miles. Just my thoughts is all.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to figure out why guys here are having cam phaser issue. I had a 14’ Tremor w/82k miles and never once did I have these issues you guys bitch about. I ask run synthetic oil changes to 5k miles. Just my thoughts is all.
Dunno dude, spent 74.5k on a badass truck that I love and didn't expect to have this issue.