Fuse 27

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alon

Reaction score
New
So here is a strange one regarding fuse #27;

my fuse #27 was fried, I replaced it and she fired back up no problems. 2 days later, this morning I go to the truck to warm her up and she wouldn’t fire up. I went ahead and replaced the fuse again, no luck, it’s cranking but not turning over.

now I unplugged the battery for 24 hours to reset the ECU to see if that will solve my problem, but I’m doubting that will solve the problem. Maybe I should get some alcohol and clean off the fuse holder terminal for fuse #27.

I know it’s not the hardware because as soon as I replaced fuse # 27 the first time she fired up and was working fine, but not sure what could of happened in 2 days to make it not work now...

anyone have any ideas how to remedy this interesting but yet confusing situation?

I want to say over the years you guys all have been amazing people rallying together to solve problems, for me personally you all have really helped me out in the past, with the deepest respect, thank you

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have access to a meter, see if you have power where the fuse sits. There is a fuse 27 relocation kit available at your Ford dealer and lots of info on this forum about relocating the fuse. Your fuel pump could be fried too, but I would do the kit first, it's really cheap.

OP
OP
A

Alon

Reaction score
I got the BITCH to run. I took high-grade alcohol, copper brush and cleaned each fuse terminal and replaced all fuses with new ones. I ride her hard and fast at Walden sand dunes so I think it was from all the dust that got into the engine bay.

thank you B E N and Corona for your knowledge.