Fuse 27 and 2010 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Been lurking, first post. I have a well-maintained 2010 SCAB by PO I recently purchased, 121k miles. All Ford dealership maintained every 3000 miles... yeah... crazy OCD like me. Carfax was 25 pages with regular service and it’s just pristine.

I see this hasn’t been done (amazingly) and wonder if the 2010/11 models are excluded? The TSB I’ve seen posted stated 2012/13 but no mention of earlier Raptors.

I ordered the kit but now wondering: has anyone with 2010/11 HAD failure with this issue? Not preventative.. looking for documented failure in 2010/11.

OP
OP
GWBush

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What an awesome truck, should have pulled that trigger long ago. Coming out of sports cars but the kids are growing, activities and hauling crap for the wife made me switch. Very glad I did. Looking forward to the camping trips and this forum.

Thanks for the response Brother. Will likely drop it in for peace of mind if nothing else.

3CC0A2C0-37B5-483C-9A7B-3449CF7BEB55.jpeg

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fuse 27 is a simple replacement with a $28 kit. Takes a couple tools and a couple beers, then never worry about it.

Silly thing to worry over when the preventative procedure is so easy.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 145000 miles and no failure, OG, I have the kit sitting in the garage to install as well. Welcome to the place. Post a pic of your Gen 1.
Ditto. Have kit, never bothered to install, no issues. Only 60k miles, but well over half are hard off-road miles. I do think I'm dumb though and I should just do it.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have mine for 10 years never did it.
I did change the mini fuse to a Micro fuse when posts starting showing up on the issue.
1200px-Electrical_fuses,_blade_type.svg.png

I don't believe it's an issue with the 2010 1/2,
I did see some posts for the 2011 and 2012, but can't remember if it was actual failure or just preventive.

Last edited:

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a lazy SOB too. Got the fuse 27 kit years ago but still haven’t installed it. I put in a new Odyssey battery last month and still kicked the can down the road. God bless the poster who says it’s an easy fix. I’ve seen the video. To do it right is a tedious process with the clipping of securing straps and flipping of the junction box. You can make fun of me if the fuse blows (I have spares) but I’m a member of the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” club.