Fuse 27 and 2010 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying you shouldn't do the fix, I'm just pointing out that my solution works just as well.

As long as the contact groove is not already melted.

I've been supercharged and have the upgraded fuel pump in for 8 years now and no issues.
Just saying.

If you look at the micro fuse's blades when you pull it out you can see the contact is just on the outside edge of the blade.
The micro blades, if you push them in on an angle it will push the contact groove of to the side of the blade and that's were some of the problem lies.

The Mini fuses blades are slightly fatter(hard to really tell) but much wider so the contact groove sits directly in the center of the mini blades.
from what i underrstand its the female contact in the box thats the issue. it cant handle the current. so revardless of changing the fuse or not, the female spade is what cant handle the current. it doesnt affect all trucks though so its a crap shoot. looks like yours is ok. mine went a few years back, replaced the fuse and was ok for a year until august of 19 where it went again. finally did the repair and bypass at that time. i too had to stop being a lazy sob.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We're on the same page here, the female contact is so close to the edge of the fuse blade that it's creating the hot spot.
My upgraded fuel pump draws quite a few more amps and I'm still ok with the mini fuse.

Last edited: