Fully Loaded 2018 or No Option 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gchu

Reaction score
I'm considering 2 trucks

The fully loaded (802A, Moonroof, Tech) 2018 is about $500 less than the no optioned 2019.

Mileage ise, the 2018 has abut 10K more miles

I like both colers combinations and both are supercrews

Had thought about a supercab one since it would fit in the garage better (and a little faster since they are lighter) but figured supercrews would depreciate less and I have a 6th Gen Camaro SS if I really wanted to go fast LOL

Anyway, is it worth giving up all the options to go with a no optioned 2019 for the new shocks/suspension? I don't have any plans on off-roading but wasn't sure the 2019 would be better for highway and around town driving

I've been craving a Raptor since they came out and think I am finally at a point where I may be able to afford one so I really want to get this right

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would give serious consideration to the 2019...especially if it is optioned with the 801A package. It will have the metal oil pan, updated cam phasers and upgraded suspension. However...only you can make the decision you are comfortable with. Enjoy whichever truck you decide to purchase.

D

Deleted member 17706

Do you know when the 19 was built? It may or may not have the new cam phaser parts. I liked the cloth seats of the base Raptors—thought they were very comfortable. Moreover, the base ones seem to hold their value just as well as an 802a. I don’t care and never use a moonroof, so I got one without it. I assume the base 19 doesn’t have one? If the money is the same, I would opt for the new 19. Some complain about the ride of the Fox Live Valves on the 19-20, but to me, the on-road ride is perfect. Make sure your tire psi is 36 front and 34 rear—makes a big difference. Lol I test drove one Raptor and the psi was 44-48—no bueno.

I have an 802a with all the tech and it is definitely nice. But I could live without it just fine.

What is the price of the 19?

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post up both trucks if you can. I think the consensus is to opt for the improvements of a '19 over the '18 and less mileage is always nice but only you can decide if you can live without the extra creature comforts.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What are you (really) going to use it for? Are you into off roading?

Most of us here are 90+% on road, and recreationally drive the Rap off road, with a mix of commuting, family duty, etc. making up the balance. If you’re going to commute, vacate, what have you, give stronger consideration to the loaded ’18.

I dislike the moon roof. Make sure it works without making noise, especially any popping or grinding while moving.

Now, if you’re more serious about off roading I’d probably go for the ’19, keep it around as a serious hobby vehicle or the like.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering 2 trucks

The fully loaded (802A, Moonroof, Tech) 2018 is about $500 less than the no optioned 2019.

Mileage ise, the 2018 has abut 10K more miles

I like both colers combinations and both are supercrews

Had thought about a supercab one since it would fit in the garage better (and a little faster since they are lighter) but figured supercrews would depreciate less and I have a 6th Gen Camaro SS if I really wanted to go fast LOL

Anyway, is it worth giving up all the options to go with a no optioned 2019 for the new shocks/suspension? I don't have any plans on off-roading but wasn't sure the 2019 would be better for highway and around town driving

I've been craving a Raptor since they came out and think I am finally at a point where I may be able to afford one so I really want to get this right

I was in a similar situation to yours but availability became the clincher on my 2018 802A with 21K and immaculate. Five finalists were sold before I could even go look at them. My wife actually pulled the trigger and did the whole deal over the phone.
It drove up my driveway while I stood there with a drool puddle stupefied...
Dude!
:)
Good luck, but don't hesitate to shoot the biggest gator closest to the boat...

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I am selling my 2019 Raptor. Loaded with almost EVERY option, 5 inch rough country lift, 37x13.50R22 Toyo MTs and Fuel 22x12s. Very well taken care of. NEVER seen off road or gravel. Also MPT tuned with Nguage included.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
802A OR BUST!

Haha, to be honest, the 802A’s are very nice. I have a 2018 completely loaded 802a and I love it. I never use my sun-roof either but I do always open the blind, it’s nice! I figured if i’m spending this much on a truck, might as well get the top package. However, I could easily go with a lower-optioned one as well and be just as happy. At the end of the day, it’s your personal preference and which one fits the bill better.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Do you know when the 19 was built? It may or may not have the new cam phaser parts. I liked the cloth seats of the base Raptors—thought they were very comfortable. Moreover, the base ones seem to hold their value just as well as an 802a. I don’t care and never use a moonroof, so I got one without it. I assume the base 19 doesn’t have one? If the money is the same, I would opt for the new 19. Some complain about the ride of the Fox Live Valves on the 19-20, but to me, the on-road ride is perfect. Make sure your tire psi is 36 front and 34 rear—makes a big difference. Lol I test drove one Raptor and the psi was 44-48—no bueno.

I have an 802a with all the tech and it is definitely nice. But I could live without it just fine.

What is the price of the 19?

Do you know what date the 2019 has the upgraded phasers?

My built date at the top of the sticker is 1/22/2019 if I'm reading it correctly.

SmartSelect_20201214-122204_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg