Fulltime 4wd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welps.... we need to fully understand wtf FORD means when they say 4A on the dial.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welps.... we need to fully understand wtf FORD means when they say 4A on the dial.
i cant believe this is a thing. why does everyone think its different than any other raptor? all the gen 2 and gen3 have 4a as a option they also have 2h,4h 4l. really guys i think you are overthinking this just a bit

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude you rock. Thanks for pointing that out. Why is it so many articles on Google regarding the Raptor R talk about full time 4wd?
Not that it matters, but the fact that there is still a 2H option for the R is a great thing. Fuel Economy will be a tad better since it will not be in Fulltime 4wd mode. Again, I'm not wanting a Raptor R for the fuel economy. My 2013 SCREW gets terrible MPG. Just making the point from what i've read about full-time 4wd fuel consumption compared to a 2H.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant believe this is a thing. why does everyone think its different than any other raptor? all the gen 2 and gen3 have 4a as a option they also have 2h,4h 4l. really guys i think you are overthinking this just a bit
Probably because FCA elected to make the TRX AWD because of the power. Any othe Ram and you have a choice.