Fulltime 4wd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it true that the R will be full time 4wd? This was just disclosed to me by another R allocation holder.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TRX is full time. Nice that Ford designed the Raptor R to give us the choice.

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that’s why I didn’t buy the trx I test drove a whole back isn’t faster than my tuned Gen 2 as well.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TRX is full time. Nice that Ford designed the Raptor R to give us the choice.
Would you please explain the "choice" Raptor R has? I've read that the R is AWD with modes to switch to either 4H or 4L. There's not 2wd option on the R as far as I've read, so it appears the R will have all 4 wheels powered all the time.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

David

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you please explain the "choice" Raptor R has? I've read that the R is AWD with modes to switch to either 4H or 4L. There's not 2wd option on the R as far as I've read, so it appears the R will have all 4 wheels powered all the time.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

David

I’ve read otherwise and that it can be driven in RWD

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

David

What's your source?

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but AWD does not mean that all 4 are powered all the time. I understand it to be in 2WD unless slippage is observed by the computer (front wheels then engaged).