GEN 2 Full Race Turbo upgrade (January 2018 Release)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DreadPirateRaptor

Reaction score
Half-assed analogies and speculation do not an education make.

And you're right. Nobody on this forum mods their truck. :ROFLJest:

All due respect as a noob here...

I’ve had several big hp Nissan and Toyota builds, and a few LS turbo toys. A solid tune, good fuel, and common sense can make good power on stock internals. Even more so with the advanced tech of those EFR’s.

And I think the “ warranty “ comment was more to the engine bay side and less to the bumper/suspension/fender side. There really AREN’T a lot of people modding their 2nd gens to “ high power “.

OP mentioned his Time Attack car so I wager he’s spent his time turning wrenches and isn’t afraid to yank a block with a picker.

My people.

RMB_Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on full race kits?
Anyone else installed one?
Full Race EFR kit on 62/58 turbo options. Turbos are maxed out flowing over 90 lb/min, running only 6 degrees of timing and 20 psi.

Also, the engine is one of our 4.2l strokers, cams, heads done, basically it’s our pretty much nicest optioned engine package. We do this to spool 71/63’s to make full boost by 3000 rpm thru 7600 rpm. That’s white knuckling that wheel at 875 whp let alone over 1000 on 37’s. Coolant spooling and rad, strokers are overachieving our original design and numbers we were targeting by about 8-10% which I’m stoked with.

I’ll also note the last graph is the same kit on another truck that’s stock engine and with another tuner.
We also since switched to the efr 71:63’s and are good for over 1000whp when Trans gets back in from being built.

Notice the curve not just HP difference on the stroker vs stock.

Also note this is the bone stock fuel system so we were stretching it at this point.

[/IMG]d0646a9ba398b64e3cc294d1d9ebc60f.jpg9cfd9ec8c41cc2749a2ac258b74c2424.jpg3a00c57ccb7d3eafac7400d609598502.jpg

c37aba4a3d95d092708bc5f0813f6d9d.jpg

Last edited:

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks real nice! Yeh that was the following question actually, stock motor, no uprated rods pistons or fueling, I'm guessing tranny has to be rebuilt with that torque limit about 600lb?

RMB_Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks real nice! Yeh that was the following question actually, stock motor, no uprated rods pistons or fueling, I'm guessing tranny has to be rebuilt with that torque limit about 600lb?
600 hp or ft/lbs we see the engines start to let go and show signs of valve float and head gasket failure

This dyno is on stock fuel system

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't valve float usually the result of too many rpm's? I didn't think it had anything to do with power. Good to know that the bottom end seems to be pretty stout.

RMB_Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't valve float usually the result of too many rpm's? I didn't think it had anything to do with power. Good to know that the bottom end seems to be pretty stout.
Boost and rpm

You can’t run 30 pounds on springs with almost no spring rate and same as rpm. Harmonics gets the better of a stock spring and that is why people “drop a valve”. Valve float and valve train harmonics that are out of control will take an engine very quickly. It’s really bad.

So boost, rpm, there is a ton to look at especially cam grind when choosing springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: