GEN 2 Full Race Radiator and Transmission Cooler Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salvatore

Reaction score
Eric,

The truck is looking great! Nice to have the extra cooling on the hot summer days out here! Let me know if there’s any new development on the turbo upgrades. Happy New Year Brother.

Sal

OP
OP
E

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eric,

The truck is looking great! Nice to have the extra cooling on the hot summer days out here! Let me know if there’s any new development on the turbo upgrades. Happy New Year Brother.

Sal

Thanks Sal. From the conversations I have had with Geoff it looks like the Garrett G25-660 is the option. Happy New Year to you as well brother. Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
We recently had a truck make 750hp at 20psi, on a 4.2L stroker from RMB. That is a lot of power, and definitely more than I am comfortable to push at the limit. As a result I'm leaning toward the G25-550 as being the ideal setup. For built motor and guys that want to go ridiculously fast then 660's makes sense... but id still lean toward 550's. We had this setup on display at PRI earlier in december, some photos here:

5a146f12f7960c4a5d83b1fb82ec2229.jpg

a20be1433219c2eb36355c921d2731bc.jpg

eaf7bd37d708429db3e300c55d1e9e88.jpg

making some great progress on these setups lately.

Ryan Travers

Reaction score
Hey guys im doing my Cobb IC, FR Radiator and trans cooler this weekend. When doing the rad and trans cooler, about how much ATF/ coolant will I need to replace once im finished? Also with the transcooler, is there any alternative way to fill the trans with ATF?

OP
OP
E

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im doing my Cobb IC, FR Radiator and trans cooler this weekend. When doing the rad and trans cooler, about how much ATF/ coolant will I need to replace once im finished? Also with the transcooler, is there any alternative way to fill the trans with ATF?

Get yourself a B&M Transmission Dipstick for checking cans filling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Travers

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the AAC bracket from Cobb mounted? It’s literally all I have left to do and I can’t figure it out.

Poidog

Reaction score
About to put Mish rad and trans cooler, with COBB FMIC. If I use the TIAL BOV, do I need a Throttle body spacer?