Full race FMIC on gen 3 installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the full race relocation bracket is not a perfect fit for the gen3 adaptive cruise, if you’re having to use it. I had to modify mine to get everything to fit.

Also, i purchased the recirculating hose that full race recommends for the gen2, cut a couple inches off it to make it fit my gen3.
View attachment 377184
Lookin’ good!!!

OP
OP
N

nate_13

Reaction score
I have the stock bumper so I didn’t have to use the relocation bracket, been a week since the install and im seeing temps staying around 95 degrees where before they were hanging around 120ish, and man i can feel the truck is def quicker! It will spin the 37’s from a dead stop once the turbos spool! Cant wait for a goosetune, only thing I’ve noticed is it will spool to 19psi then turbos drop to 14-16 psi, ive checked all hoses and im certain i dont have a leak i even siliconed the BOV just incase that oring leaks, but truck feels strong so im nor really worried about it.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the stock bumper so I didn’t have to use the relocation bracket, been a week since the install and im seeing temps staying around 95 degrees where before they were hanging around 120ish, and man i can feel the truck is def quicker! It will spin the 37’s from a dead stop once the turbos spool! Cant wait for a goosetune, only thing I’ve noticed is it will spool to 19psi then turbos drop to 14-16 psi, ive checked all hoses and im certain i dont have a leak i even siliconed the BOV just incase that oring leaks, but truck feels strong so im nor really worried about it.
I’m having same boost numbers too. I thought something was wrong as well, but i feel better knowing your having the same experience.

On my Gen 2, i installed cobb intercooler, intake, and tuned it all at the same time. So I’m not sure if a stock tuned, gen2 with intercooler would behave same way as my Gen3

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m having same boost numbers too. I thought something was wrong as well, but i feel better knowing your having the same experience.

On my Gen 2, i installed cobb intercooler, intake, and tuned it all at the same time. So I’m not sure if a stock tuned, gen2 with intercooler would behave same way as my Gen3
In reference to those boost numbers… after my install I didn’t get on it too hard before the tune. So, I can’t speak to that scenario specifically.

At the tuners garage (Elite Performance & Tune, Littleton, CO) I did notice when Eddie had up on the dyno while sounding it also was letting boost out via the BOV under WOT. Thought that might be an issue. He didn’t mention anything.

Then he showed me the numbers… hmmm. Maybe it’s nothing I thought. Well, during some maintenance I disassembled the BOV for cleaning. While I did make note of the turns needed to take it apart I installed it in reverse order; same number of turns. I could’ve tightened it a bit to allow for less boost drop… there’s that option guys.

My BOV is a mechanical TurboSmart. Guessing you’re using the same one if you went with the Full Race setup.

Got a bunch of miles on my baby now. Just got the timing chain & associated components, walnut blast job for valves, water pump, and cooling system flush done. Next mods I’m thinking of are headers, downpipes, and turbos. Wanna concentrate on that HP number next. Those mods should get me a little closer to that 410-420 number; with a bump up on the TQ as well.

Attachments

• BAD36B3D-E53F-4872-8827-28A628583BFB.jpeg
    BAD36B3D-E53F-4872-8827-28A628583BFB.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 39

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes BO will vent to atmosphere, make sure to plug off the line going into the intake.
Take both sets of fans out and shutters, don’t forget to tape the ends.
No relocation needed on ACC.
Hey sorry to do a necro thread but I'm about to install an FMIC , can you confirm if I'm keeping stock bumper no need for ACC relocation?

James O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey sorry to do a necro thread but I'm about to install an FMIC , can you confirm if I'm keeping stock bumper no need for ACC relocation?
On the Gen 3 you do not even have to remove it from bumper as bolts are on backside of bumper. I had to have my Gen 2 ACC recalibrated, but my Gen 3 was fine. I dont think you technically need to remove bumper for just intercooler but I also did winch.