Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Fuel

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by Blackrapt, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Blackrapt

Blackrapt Member

I have a 2018 with 3000 miles now and was wondering what others are using for type of gasoline. The dealer told me it didn’t matter what I use. I have been using regular and every other time I would use the mid grade. I really can’t tell the difference but didn’t want to mess the engine up.

2. Leftsidej

Leftsidej Full Access Member

From everything I have researched regular is just fine, I wouldn’t be switching back and forth often and just stick with one. At the end of the day it’s a ford engine and not a Bugatti sucking down race fuel.

3. GCATX

GCATX Full Access Member

Do yourself a favor and run a tank of 93 through it, if it's available. It's a game changer from 87. It doesn't seem like you drive it a lot, so cost difference should not be a major issue.

4. dewalt

dewalt Full Access Member

Bare minimum run top tier

https://toptiergas.com/

The tuners then pick half a dozen from this list if you want to get technical

5. goblues38

goblues38 Full Access Member

Been discussed a million times. You CAN run cheap gas all day long and it wont HURT a thing, but your 450hp motor will be neutered to about 400hp.

If you are ok with 50 less horse power then you were supposed to have, carry on.

Do a search and read up. There are youtubes specific to the ecoboost in the f150 that measure 12% drop in fuel economy on 87 vs 93. So in reality, you are not saving that much money, but you are losing performance.

lawdog and NASSTY like this.