Fuel quality for whipple raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkim18

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm in the process of putting in my whipple on my 6.2 with jdm tune and kit (they've been great btw) and I was wondering what you folks did out west for your whippled Raptors and the fuel? My friend in phoenix said he has only seen 91 and I've also only seen 91 in cali and texas too... I might be moving to Phoenix so I was curious what yall did for fuel.. right now I'm at 93 and have no concerns jdm said it should probably be ok but we might have to revisit the tune when the time comes.

What are yall experience with this?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's an altitude thing. Here in Denver it only goes to 91 for the most part. So I use 91. Pretty sure Cali has 93.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I asked for a 91 oct tune from JDM, even though Florida is a 93 oct state.
Maybe the timing is a smidge lower, but I did it as a just in case I do another cross country trip and enter a state with only 91.
For peace of mind I would get a retune for 91, but not sure how much timing/what they do to make it "safer" for 91.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are tuned for 93oct you def need to get a new tune for 91oct. Don’t even mess around just do it. I’m sure JDM or any tuner will agree
At this point I also wouldn’t waste any time just goto JDM and be done.

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For Phoenix , QT gas is best , chevron , Shell , all 91 octane in that order. This is from reading Knock values on my Ecoboost. Stay away from grocery store gas , and circle k

Sigmoid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Octane is all about preventing knock. I would make sure my tune would not knock with the lowest octane I might possibly put in it. Or...if you have to put a tank of lower octane gas through it, keep your foot out of it until you get back to the octane the tune is matched to.