Fuel Pump Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HELP!!! MY TRUCK WON'T START!!!! The engine turns over, but won't start. Sounds as if it isn't getting any fuel. Checked the fuel gauge and it shows full. Owner's manual said to put the paddle to the floor while cranking - so I did, but no change. Ok, what's next???

OP
OP
FlounderStalker

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assumine that the Raptor is the same as all the Fords over the last 13 years, did you check the fuel shut off switch under the kick panel on the passangerside?

Thanks, but apparently Ford has changed it. Looked under the kick panel like hunting for my wife's ******, but with similar results - nothing. Checked the owner's manual and the instructions are to turn on and off the ignition key to reset the cutoff. That didn't work either.

Next Idea Please.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you put deisel in? There is an automatic fuel shut off if you do that. Is there a tune in the truck that could have gone wrong? Try resetting the ECM

OP
OP
FlounderStalker

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you put deisel in? There is an automatic fuel shut off if you do that. Is there a tune in the truck that could have gone wrong? Try resetting the ECM

No diesel, no tune. How do i reset the ECM? Disconnect the negative battery cable?

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No diesel, no tune. How do i reset the ECM? Disconnect the negative battery cable?

Yeah you can disconnect the battery. It really doesn't reset much, but it wont hurt. Did you try your other key? You can bang on the bottom of the tank while you crank it. It may get the fuel pump to come alive if its the pump. I know its kinda hard with the shield there but you can try it anyways. Its in park too right?