Fuel pump kit upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike.s

Reaction score
If you aren't getting enough fuel, wouldn't that limit your horsepower? By adding this fuel pump, it's supposed to allow your engine to make the maximum horsepower that it's capable of? Isn't that the theory?

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you aren't getting enough fuel, wouldn't that limit your horsepower? By adding this fuel pump, it's supposed to allow your engine to make the maximum horsepower that it's capable of? Isn't that the theory?
Yes, more fuel available allows for more power.
I allow you to sprint down the road at 55mph, but just feeding you more pizza will not make you do so...

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the engine requires fuel to be delivered @ 100psig but the stock pump delivers at 75 and the upgrade is suppose to deliver @150psig and actually only delivers at 75 then Houston we have a problem. These are only theatrical numbers as I have no idea what the real world #s would be.

mike.s

Reaction score
Ok, so basically, if your engine is not getting enough fuel, then this pump will give your engine the fuel it needs, resulting in more horsepower.

However, if your engine is NOT suffering from a lack of fuel, then this pump will not do anything for you. Correct?

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so basically, if your engine is not getting enough fuel, then this pump will give your engine the fuel it needs, resulting in more horsepower.

However, if your engine is NOT suffering from a lack of fuel, then this pump will not do anything for you. Correct?
Bingo!
Here is your cookie :)

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for contributing and clearing this up. We aren't certain what the OP was meaning about his issues with the pump (unfortunately, we still don't) but this pump is to add additional fuel when necessary due to exceeding the limitations of the stock fuel pump. So if you are still under the limit of the stock pump, our pump would be an exceptionally unnecessary purchase.

We assure you, we have NEVER claimed it adds horsepower. Does it add the capability to make more horsepower safely? Absolutely. But those are very different things.

We also have a staff of almost 30 employees here, if we were called 5 times there is no way that all 5 times no one answered, nor returned a voicemail. That's just simply not how we operate.

also, this description continues to confirm the install was done improperly as it's stalling when fuel sloshes.

OP
OP
metronyc

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor is not my DD and the money is not a issue , i take it to JDM for makeover and upgrades , includes cam and new fuel system .
i learn my lesson and never deal with Livernos products. there is plenty of descent and honest shops .