Fuel Pump Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mountaineer71

Reaction score
I went out to start my truck this morning (2019 with 990 miles). It started ok but then ran rough for about 10 seconds and then died. Tried several times to restart and it would only fire for a second and then die.

About 20 minutes later I went out to get all my stuff out before being towed and I decided I’d try and start it again. Fired right up but gave me a check engine light. Took it straight to the dealer and they pulled a P025A code (fuel pump circuit open). I had them clear the code and I told them I’d drive it the rest of the weekend before leaving it with them so I could see how it acted.

Tried starting it about three hours later and the same thing—started, ran rough, died and now refuses to start.

Anyone have anything like this happen with your truck? There is a TSB concerning the code (47926) but I can’t find anything online that shows the entire TSB. Any help would be appreciated!

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Might want to have the check it. I had one of my other cars recently do the same thing and after pulling our hair out trying to figure out the issue it ended up being the fuse. Go figure.

OP
OP
Mountaineer71

Mountaineer71

Reaction score
I’ll ask them to check it. Truck is running fine at the moment other than the CEL. My guess is a bad connection somewhere but I’ll know more after Monday.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went out to start my truck this morning (2019 with 990 miles). It started ok but then ran rough for about 10 seconds and then died. Tried several times to restart and it would only fire for a second and then die.

About 20 minutes later I went out to get all my stuff out before being towed and I decided I’d try and start it again. Fired right up but gave me a check engine light. Took it straight to the dealer and they pulled a P025A code (fuel pump circuit open). I had them clear the code and I told them I’d drive it the rest of the weekend before leaving it with them so I could see how it acted.

Tried starting it about three hours later and the same thing—started, ran rough, died and now refuses to start.

Anyone have anything like this happen with your truck? There is a TSB concerning the code (47926) but I can’t find anything online that shows the entire TSB. Any help would be appreciated!
i had this issue during PDI. they had to replace the entire fuel pump assembly.

Reaction score
Hey! Am having some similar symptoms with my 18 Raptor. Cold start fire right up and I can hear the fuel pump prime, After it reaches normal operating temp if the engine is shut off for more than a minute or two and I attempt to start the truck it will stall with no sound from the fuel pump priming. Second attempt it will fire up no problems and will drive perfectly. Wondering if the fuel pump module fixed your issues.