Fuel pump and capless filler issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know...we can't pump our own gas in Oregon. Haha. In all seriousness, it just really depends on the pump design. Some have those stupid pressure sensors to ensure the nozzle is in all the way. Most pumps allow people to set and forget.

For what it's worth...I hate not being able to pump my own.

OCSJOE

Reaction score
I have the same problem at MOST of the stations I have used in Cali to fill. Extremely annoying. Did not have the same problem on 2016 Plat.

Lobzila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a different gas station. I live in CA and do not have that problem.

Sernas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen this problem before on a few gas f-250s at work. Dealer said the tank vent was stuck closed. I don’t know if that could be related in your case. They said this happens can happen when you fuel up and top off your tank after the pump has stopped.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know...we can't pump our own gas in Oregon. Haha. In all seriousness, it just really depends on the pump design. Some have those stupid pressure sensors to ensure the nozzle is in all the way. Most pumps allow people to set and forget.

For what it's worth...I hate not being able to pump my own.
Just left Oregon (there 1-1/2 months) HATED not being able to pump my own gas. What a pain. It's sad that people in Oregon are not smart enough to pump their own gas, I guess New Jersey has the same problem. Sorry.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just left Oregon (there 1-1/2 months) HATED not being able to pump my own gas. What a pain. It's sad that people in Oregon are not smart enough to pump their own gas, I guess New Jersey has the same problem. Sorry.

Yeah...they claim it's for "environmental safety". I mean...did you see the types of people pumping gas? haha They probably go through some 20 min online training course for "certification". It's not rocket science.